The Radio One story began simply with a dream and one radio station. Thirty-five years, 16 markets, and 50+ stations later, we are an urban media empire, spanning multiple media platforms.
We are in your ears with Reach Media/Radio One, on your televisions with TV One, and may even be the name behind your favorite website, with our digital platform Interactive One.
Information is power, and our mission here at Radio One, Inc. is simple – to be the most trusted media source in the African-American community.
At Radio One, we pride ourselves on hiring people who are dedicated and continue to challenge the norm, while embracing a corporate culture built on creativity and passion. We are our employees’ biggest fans, and it is our daily mission to attract, develop, and retain the brightest stars in the business.
Radio One is looking for a Part-Time Promotions Assistant to join our team!
- Set up and represent various radio stations at on-site appearances, and at various locations and events
- Assist with set-up and/or execution of assigned station events, remotes and station appearances; maintain station promotion and remote equipment within department
- Develop, plan and carry out creative ways of increasing public awareness of the station
- Present a positive attitude, and act as the contact between Radio One listeners and the stations during on-site events and promotions
- Upkeep and maintenance of all station vehicles & equipment
- Set up and maintain proper equipment for live broadcasts and remotes
- Liaison for the promotions department and stations assigned during events, remotes and station appearances
- Assist and coordinate with the Marketing & Promotions Director, Promotions Specialist, Administrative Assistant and other department members
- At least 18 years of age with a High School Diploma or GED
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Must have at least 2 years of driving experience
- Flexible schedule, with the ability and willingness to work varied hours on the weekdays, and weekends
- Excellent organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize and effectively manage time
- Self-starter, with the ability to take and follow direction
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact effectively with the station’s clients and listeners
- Can work well independently and as an integral part of the team
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, and lift/move up to 50 lbs