Position: Paralegal/Legal Clerk, Business Affairs and Entertainment Reports To: VP Business Affairs and Ent
Location: Dallas Department: Legal
FLSA: Exempt Station: N/A
Mandate: To competently* and professionally* provide administrative and legal support to Vice President, Business Affairs and Entertainment in day-to-day activities with regard to the negotiation, documentation of agreements and other Business Affairs and Entertainment projects.
- Administration and Legal Support
- Professional Development
Objectives (by Responsibility )
Administration and Legal Support
- Draft, revise, redline and proofread various agreements under supervision of VP, Business Affairs and Entertainment.
- Handle and track calls regarding executed agreements.
- Manage contracts and other related administrative work, including managing and updating the department contract status and tracking report for Business Affairs and Entertainment Departments.
- Follow-up with outside parties on contract related matters.
- Schedule appointments and meetings on a day-to-day basis using Microsoft Outlook and maintain calendar.
- Place and log day-to-day calls to/from numerous agents, managers, attorneys, and in-house personnel.
- Coordinate travel arrangements.
- Prepare expense reports and check requests.
- File, fax, photocopy and messenger correspondence and documents.
- Organize and maintain filing system, including on-site files and archives for Business Affairs and Entertainment Departments.
- Interact and maintain relationships with members of other business units at Reach as well as third parties.
- Interact with upper-level management.
- Manage, as assigned, operational aspects of entertainment projects, including production, scheduling, catering, etc.
- Develop processes and operational plan for entertainment bookings, as requested
- Prepare spreadsheets or grids summarizing various entertainment aspects of contracts and entertainment information, including but not limited to, production, catering, media scheduling, etc.
- Interpret, advise and summarize entertainment, contract requirements/compliance
- Coordinate and work with events department in process of implementing and executing events
- Assist Vice President, Business Affairs and Entertainment in resolving routine and non-routine entertainment contract issues
- Assist with draft copy for entertainment presentation materials
- Develop detailed production schedule for key aspects that contribute to entertainment aspects of event or project
- Manage volunteers, as requested, to ensure activities & deadlines are met
- Troubleshoot real & potential pitfalls to entertainment event deadlines
- Assist Vice President, Business Affairs and Entertainment with management of logistical needs of entertainment events, including negotiation of talent agreement, catering & artist needs, green room, backstage, etc.
- Create spreadsheets with certain information from relevant agreements, for use by Vice President, Business Affairs and Entertainment in negotiating agreements
- Perform other duties as requested by the Vice President, Business Affairs and Entertainment and Senior Director, Entertainment
- To attend all relevant skill building workshops as requested.
- To stay current with all relevant industry information as it applies to the overall job responsibility.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Competent knowledge of commonly used contract coordination and administrative support concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, customer service and relationship building abilities.
- Strong organizational and proofreading skills with the ability to handle multiple, high priority projects with a keen attention to detail.
- Professional demeanor; team player orientation. Ability to interface with internal and external parties.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines. Works under immediate supervision while exercising minimal independent judgment.
- Hands on, energetic and motivated self-starter.
- Well organized with strict attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work assignments.
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
- Display a great deal of initiative, strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well under pressure.
- Must be effective written and verbal communicator.
- Must be able to effectively manage time and multiple priorities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to develop procedures, processes and systems for accuracy, efficiency and productivity.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive, upbeat attitude.
- Detail oriented and ability to work under pressure and assess priorities
- Ability to travel on an as-needed basis and available to work nights and weekends when necessary
Education and Experience
- Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school; with 2-4 years of legal practice experience in a related area. Strong Microsoft Office, Word, Excel & PowerPoint skills. Extremely knowledgeable in Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat and Internet.