Position: Digital Sales Manager Reports To: Sr. Director Digital & Sales
Location Silver Spring Department: Digital Sales
FLSA: Exempt Station: N/A
Mandate: To competently* and professionally* work directly with Radio One owned and operated radio stations sales teams to increase and maximize the advertising revenue across the Radio One and R One Digital online network of websites (this includes all Radio websites owned by Radio One in CITY market, I-One Digital websites including BlackPlanet, UrbanDaily, HelloBeautiful). Aggressively pursue digital media ad sales directly with interactive and traditional advertising agencies, as well as directly to all relevant clients. Regularly report advertising sales revenue, sales and inventory forecasting and CPM analysis in relation to plan.
Objectives (by Responsibility )
- Manage sales efforts of Radio One local radio sales staffs and take the lead in the development of their regular sales efforts, including::
- Educate local radio sales staffs about digital media sales opportunities.
- Develop sales proposals for local sales staffs, and review local stations RFP’s and make strategic recommendations to maximize revenue.
- Grow ad sales revenue and exceed revenue goals by prospecting for new clients.
- Set and own territory sales agenda including, prioritizing and organizing sales calls based on maximum potential return.
- Identify and create unique sales properties and promotions, including contests and special advertising programs, focusing on relevant local and national events.
- Coordinate with the Sr. Director Digital Sales and Operations on account strategy and sales plans.
- Work closely with the Ad Sales team to maximize all revenue-generating programs by effectively and efficiently managing all advertising inventory and pricing.
- Be on top of shifting media trends, and how the web is impacting marketplaces and companies' business models .
- Monitor and evaluate the local station’s online inventory and their current pricing
- Submit monthly, quarterly and annual inventory and sales forecasts (by assigned station/market).
- Coordinate and approve the pricing of all locally sold online ad deals.
- On-going review and evaluate local station and network inventory.
- Regularly manage agency/client relationships.
- Coach local sales staffs on the most effective ways to use Radio One and R One Digital properties to develop opportunistic revenue-generating programs.
Collaborate with the Sr. Director Digital Sales and Operations, Director Programming and Director of Marketing, to help:
- Bring relevant local opportunities and help to develop effective research and innovative marketing tools by pinpointing online consumer trends necessary to create category and advertiser-specific strategic solutions.
- Analyze competitive (local) online media marketplace
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each main responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Have an understanding of high tech and consumer sales and marketing.
- Demonstrate an ability to think creatively, sell strategically and communicate effectively internally and externally.
- Have a dedicated and driven work ethic.
- Have excellent writing skills
- Be comfortable making presentations to all size groups (5-50).
Education and/ or Experience
- Minimum 2-3 years of online advertising sales along with 2-3 years of other media sales experience
- BS / BA degree required
- Management experience highly preferred
- Actively attend events, conferences, seminars, and/or training to stay aware of new developments in digital media
- Drive your own Performance Appraisal every 12 months.
* Professionalism is described as being consistently appropriate in all situations and at all times.
*Competence is defined as using “effectiveness and efficiency” in equal measure at all times.