Board Operator/On-Air Talent
Produces and executes on-air radio show that is both entertaining and informative to the listening audience.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
- Must have at least 2 years on-air experience
- An equivalent combination of education and experience is desirable.
- Writes script, contests and interview questions.
- Memorizes script, reads, or ad-libs to identify station, introduce and close shows, and announce station breaks, commercials, or public service information.
- Prepares and creates a topical show by gathering information from wire copy, periodicals, computer and television.
- Reads news flash to keep audience informed of important events.
- Records interviews of guest, musical or other famous or public personalities, and edits interviews.
- Interviews guest, and moderates panel or discussion show to entertain audience.
- Answers phone lines and interviews members of listening audience who telephone musical requests. Airs contests according to the specifications of the program director.
- Plans and stages community events, including hosting and assisting at charity functions.
- Attends live, in-person appearances as scheduled by the station or requested by clients.
- Provides live reports from site of event.
- Maintains and builds a positive cooperative attitude within the station and a strong personal community involvement.
- Sets up equipment for broadcasts and promotions at station remotes.
- Ensures logged commercials, promotions, sweepers and any other programming element essential to the station's operations are aired.
- Operates control console.
- Performs commercial production.
- Follows and enforces FCC regulations, station and company policies, including implementing station's / state's EAS procedures.
- Performs additional duties in small stations, such as production, assisting program director or music director, operating radio transmitter or writing advertising copy.
- Plays music as specified by music director and music log.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and vets.