Position: HRIS Administrator Reports To: Director Benefits & Compensation
Location: Silver Spring Department: Human Resources
FLSA: Non- Exempt Station: N/A
Mandate: Under direction, the Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) Administrator provides analytical and technical support to the Human Resources Division for the purpose of meeting HRIS initiatives and supporting other HRIS-related responsibilities. Focuses on information delivery including report writing, analysis and presentation of trends to facilitate decision-making across all lines of business. This includes, but is not limited to: maintaining quality and consistency of HRIS database information; providing HRIS technical support to Human Resources and other staff with a focus on information delivery and quality assurance. Assists in developing process improvements and system enhancements to expand analytical capabilities and enrich the end user experience. As part of the Human Resources team, this position also provides general Human Resources support to payroll, financial related benefits and other general human resources support.
Objectives (by Responsibility )
- Serves as primary HRIS administrator for human resources. Partners with end users to trouble shoot issues. Supports on-going activities and process improvements relative to automating processes to improve efficiencies. Functions as liaison to HRIS system provider for all issues and concerns.
- Partners with internal business partners and external vendors on maintenance and development, including end user support and training, system trouble-shooting and enhancements.
- Develops and administers workflow processes to streamline and automate existing manual processes. Develops written procedures for all processes.
- Focuses on information delivery including report writing, analysis and presentation of trends to facilitate decision-making across all business lines. Designs, develops and maintains reports for end-users (standard reports and ad hoc reporting) including more complex, non-routine reporting such as year-end bonus; budgetary or regulatory compliance reporting.
- Documents report-writing processes and provides training to end-users as appropriate.
- Participates with HR Leadership to evaluate implementation of system modules to enhance functionality and availability of information. Produces system and procedural documentation.
- Maintains knowledge on system upgrades and impact to users. Assists with the coordination of the testing and implementation of system upgrades, as well as new processes and procedures.
- Maintains the accuracy of the database via audits and system corrections, table updates and resolution of configuration issues. Assists with internal and external system-related audits. Works with end-users to regularly audit data in HRIS system to ensure information is accurate and complete. Works with end-users to update information as required.
- Partners with training team to identify, develop and provide necessary training to end users.
- Actively participates in human resource projects.
- Ensures all HR systems are integrating properly as well as integrations with other vendors such as benefit carriers.
- Performs other administrative duties or projects as assigned.
- To attend all relevant skill building workshops as requested.
- To stay current with all relevant industry information as it applies to the overall job responsibility.
- To drive your own Performance Appraisal every twelve months.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each main responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Experience and/or Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or related field preferred.
- Three years of HRIS and report-writing experience required.
- Exposure to HR disciplines such as payroll, compensation, benefits and talent management.
- Experience creating training materials and delivering presentations.
- Knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resource and payroll functions.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Exceptional work ethic and team player.
- Exceptional ability to deal with sensitive, confidential and detailed material in a professional manner.
- Strong ability to lead/train others to influence tasks and deliverables.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage deadlines and prioritize workload.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with advanced proficiency in Excel and ability to manipulate large sets of data.
- Experienced with Lawson/INFOR systems preferred.
- Understanding of payroll process helpful.
- Strong business Math / statistics knowledge
- Highly motivated, self-driven individual who can operate independently as well as under direct supervision and take accountability for the function.
- Ability to motivate, influence and collaborate with others both internally and externally.
- Must have the ability to prioritize focus on the most impactful activities in order to meet deadlines while not losing sight of other tasks.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills when interacting with internal and external clients at all levels.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates a commitment to relationships first in all areas of job performance.
* Professionalism is described as being consistently appropriate in all situations and at all times.
*Competence is defined as using “effectiveness and efficiency” in equal measure at all times.