Position: Director, IT Infrastructure Reports To:
Location: Silver Spring, MD Department: IT
FLSA: Station: Corporate
Mandate: The Director, Information Technology Infrastructure and Systems will lead a team in the management, maintenance and long-term strategic direction of the company’s LAN, WAN, server, telecommunications and disaster recovery infrastructure on a 24 hour 7 day per week basis.
- Work with and manage a staff of two to implement projects, mitigate problems, and maintain the company’s IT infrastructure which spans 18 locations throughout the United States in conjunction and collaboration with the IT leadership team and engineers and IT technicians in each of the company’s remote offices.
- Manage information technology infrastructure projects from inception to completion including regular status reporting, budgeting, technology testing and selection, contract management, implementation, service agreements, managing vendor relationships and invoice processing.
- Proactively monitor the health and security of the company’s network infrastructure to identify and mitigate issues before they adversely affect infrastructure performance.
- Remain current with technology advancements in order to proactively identify changes to systems and processes to meet new business requirements, reduce costs and improve infrastructure performance and security.
- Effectively represent the IT Department to internal clients and to external vendors and business partners.
- Maintain a network environment which currently includes:
- Infrastructure hardware, including servers, firewalls, routers, switches,
- Active Directory
- DNS servers
- Desktop and server virtualization systems including VMware
- Storage systems including NetApp and Commvault
- McAfee ePO
- Microsoft System Center
- Citrix for remote access
- WSUS and Group Policy
- DHCP, IIS and Terminal Server
- Intranet hosting
- SQL Server
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each main responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- An ability to conceive, express and promote a “vision” and strategic direction for the company’s multi-location IT and telecommunications infrastructure.
- A demonstrated ability to work effectively in an evolving complex technical environment and lead a team responsible for transforming and maintaining the company’s network infrastructure to meet current and future requirements.
- Experience working effectively in a collaborative environment with other internal and external technology professionals in order to identify and implement new technology solutions, and effective policies and procedures.
- Experience in the implementation, management and maintenance of IT systems in a multimedia (television, radio, interactive) company strongly preferred.
- Strong focus on providing high quality customer service.
- Strong leadership, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to respond to business needs on a 24 x 7 x 365 basis.
- This job will involve regular travel to the company’s local offices.
- Legal right to work in the United States.
Education and/ or Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university in Information Management, Computer Science, Business Administration, Mathematics, or a related field.
- Applicable certification(s) or applicable experience strongly preferred including:
- Cisco CCNA, CCENT, CCDA,
- Microsoft MCSA, MCSE
- At least eight (8) years’ experience in the implementation, management and maintenance of information technology infrastructure and IT systems including LAN, WAN, telephone, voice, video, and data telecommunication systems. .
- Experience in the administration of technical services contracts.
*Professionalism is described as being consistently appropriate in all situations and at all times.
*Competence is defined as using “effectiveness and efficiency” in equal measure at all times.