National Sales Assistant
To competently* and professionally* assist the Director of Sales and/or National Sales Manager, where relevant, meet the expressed needs of existing and potential clients. This will be done while staying within the negotiated job responsibilities at all times.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
- Six months experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- National Sales Representative Assistance
- Interdepartmental Liaison
- Self- Management
- Professional Development
Objectives (by Responsibility):
National Sales Representative Assistance
- To assist, support and co-ordinate the ongoing needs of the Sales Management team. This includes:
- Understanding sales terms and functions
- Entering orders received from our National RepFirm and agencies
- Processing make-goods and exceptions for national orders
- Communicating regularly with our National RepFirm and agencies via email and phone
- Creating presentations, sales kits and recaps primarily for national use
- Managing National Sales Pending Reports on an ongoing basis
- Providing clerical support including filing of contracts
- Assisting with national promotions such as remotes and events
- Entering digital orders and digital components into Ando or similar system
- Creating presentations, recaps and digital assets (ex. - banner ads, etc)
- Must have reasonable knowledge of and experience with Adobe Photoshop and PowerPoint
- Assisting with receptionist desk duties when needed
- To ensure that all relevant information is submitted to all relevant parties and departments within the requested and negotiated timelines on an ongoing basis. This includes:
- Traffic Department
- Digital, Promotion, Production and Programming requests
2. To ensure that effective interdepartmental communication occurs on an ongoing basis.
- To ensure that all relevant paperwork as it applies to the overall job responsibility is submitted within the negotiated and requested timelines at all times. This includes:
- All the paperwork required by Sales and Sales Management
- All the paperwork required by the Accounting and Traffic Departments
2. To perform within the relevant department and interdepartmental policies and procedures on an ongoing basis.
- To ensure that appropriate Self-Management is exercised at all times, as it applies to the overall function and specifically as it relates to:
- Overall Professionalism
- Dress code (should be consistent with your job function, includes appropriate grooming)
- Confidentiality (at all times)
- Managing Emotions (Emotional Maturity and control in all situations)
- Taking Initiative (may include taking risks)
- Being self-directed
- Accepting responsibility
- Being accountable
- Accepting and growing with others Critique
- Being objective (issue relevant)
- Building and maintaining workable relationships
- Suspending judgment (when relevant)
- Not discriminating
- Being accepting rather than judgmental (when appropriate)
- Allowing others their feelings
- Extending common courtesies
- Behaving out of a sense of urgency (when appropriate)
- Striving for Balance
- Appropriately delegating
- Evolving self-awareness
- Problem Solving and Decision Making (within scope of the function)
- To attend all relevant skill building workshops as requested.
- To stay current with all relevant industry information as it applies to the overall job responsibility.
- To drive your own Performance Appraisal every thirty days.
*Competence is defined as using "effectiveness and efficiency" in equal measure at all times
*Professionalism is described as being consistently appropriate in all situations and at all times