Position: Chief Information Officer Reports To: CFO
Location: Silver Spring, MD Department: IT
FLSA: Exempt Station: Corporate
Mandate: The Chief Information Officer will set objectives and strategy for the IT Department. Selecting and implementing suitable technology to streamline all internal operations and help optimize their strategic benefits. Designing and customizing technological systems and platforms to improve overall performance.
- Set objectives and strategies for the IT Department
- Select and implement suitable technology to streamline all internal operations and help optimize their strategic benefits
- Design and customize technological systems and platforms to improve overall performance
- Plan the implementation of new systems and provide guidance of IT professionals of other staff within the organization
- Approve purchases of technological equipment and software and establish partnerships with IT providers
- Oversee the technological infrastructure (networks and computer systems) in the organization to ensure optimal performance
- Direct and organize IT related projects
- Monitor changes or advancements in technology to discover ways the company can gain competitive advantage
- Analyze the costs, value and risks of information technology to advise management and suggest actions
- Build quality assurance and data protection processes. Ensure the systems are security protected, and implement practices and policies that enforce security of all systems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each main responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proven experience as a CIO or similar leadership role
- Excellent knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure
- Background in designing/developing IT systems and planning IT implementation
- Solid understanding of data analysis, budgeting and business operations
- Superior analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- A strong strategic and business mindset
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- An ability to conceive, express and promote a “vision” and strategic direction for the company’s multi-location IT and telecommunications infrastructure.
- A demonstrated ability to work effectively in an evolving complex technical environment and lead a team responsible for transforming and maintaining the company’s network infrastructure to meet current and future requirements.
- Experience working effectively in a collaborative environment with other internal and external technology professionals in order to identify and implement new technology solutions, and effective policies and procedures.
- Experience in the implementation, management and maintenance of IT systems in a multimedia (television, radio, and or digital) company strongly preferred.
- Strong focus on providing high quality customer service.
- Ability to respond to business needs on a 24 x 7 x 365 basis.
- This job will involve regular travel to the company’s local offices.
- Legal right to work in the United States.
Education and/ or Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university in Information Management, Computer Science, Business Administration, Mathematics, or a related field.
- Applicable certification(s) or applicable experience strongly preferred, Cisco certifications required including:
- Cisco CCNA, CCENT, CCDA,
- Microsoft MCSA, MCSE
- At least ten (10) years’ experience in the implementation, management and maintenance of information technology infrastructure and IT systems including LAN, WAN, telephone, voice, video, and data telecommunication systems. .
- Experience in the administration of technical services contracts.
*Professionalism is described as being consistently appropriate in all situations and at all times.
*Competence is defined as using “effectiveness and efficiency” in equal measure at all times.