The Urban One story began simply with a dream and one radio station. Thirty-five years, 16 markets, and 50+ stations later, we are an urban media empire, spanning multiple media platforms.
We are in your ears with Reach Media/Radio One, on your televisions with TV One, and may even be the name behind your favorite website, with our digital platform Interactive One.
Information is power, and our mission here at Radio One, Inc. is simple – to be the most trusted media source in the African-American community. At Radio One, we pride ourselves on hiring people who are dedicated and continue to challenge the norm, while embracing a corporate culture built on creativity and passion. We are our employees’ biggest fans, and it is our daily mission to attract, develop, and retain the brightest stars in the business.
Radio One is looking for the best and brightest Account Executives to join our Sales Team! As an Account Executive at Radio One you will be expected to grow new business, achieve revenue goals, and deliver results for clients consistently!
- Promote and sell radio advertising, digital products, events, and promotional opportunities to businesses in and out of the Richmond market
- Proactively prospect and cold call to develop new sales opportunities
- Maintain high level of customer focus and retention
- Conduct weekly business to business sales through face to face meetings
- Create client-focused sales presentations to meet business’ marketing needs
- Achieve month, quarter and annual revenue goals
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
- Highly motivated and creative individual with a passion for sales and marketing
- Committed to building, developing, and growing new and existing relationships
- Positive energy and natural competitive spirit
- High problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Minimum of 2 years business to business sales, with experience in media or outside sales preferred
- Professional demeanor, excellent verbal and written communication, problem solving, and customer service skills
- Ability to use PowerPoint, Excel, Word a must
- Digital sales and CRM experience, a plus
- Knowledge in the following industries: radio, digital, marketing, advertising, a plus
- A valid driver’s license is a requirement
- Competitive compensation plan
- Experienced Management Team with a proven track record of success
- Strong brands, resources, and products that give solutions to businesses
- Excellent training, leadership, and management programs
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance Plan Options
- Paid Vacation Time and a Competitive Holiday Schedule
- Pre-Tax Transit Benefit (DC metro area only) and Flexible Spending Accounts