Interactive One ( www.interactiveone.com) is powered by the mission to create an online community that provides rich content and digital products that engage, entertain and inspire the lives of African Americans.
We are the #1 digital platform for the Multi-Cultural Millennials, reaching millions of users each month through a suite of content, social, and local radio offerings. iOne owns and operates a number of branded destinations, including HipHopWired (Hip Hop x Technology),GlobalGrind (Millennials), HelloBeautiful (Women), MadameNoire (Women’s Lifestyle), NewsOne (Affluent), Bossip (Celebrity News & Gossip) and TheUrbanDaily (Men), as well as social networking sites such as BlackPlanet, and more than 50 local radio sites. Interactive One was launched in 2008 by Radio One, Inc. [NASDAQ: ROIA and ROIAK, radio- one.com] to complement its existing portfolio of media companies targeting Black Americans.
The Email Marketing Specialist has a solid foundation in content marketing that will be leveraged to support the business in driving the development and execution of our Email Marketing/CRM strategy. You will help ideate and manage the deployment of various acquisition and reactivation strategies including broadcast, batched, and triggered email campaigns. With a proven history of data-driven decision making and a deep understanding of Email analytics, you will analyze email performance and communicate and immediate optimizations and improvements geared towards channel success. This role reports to the Director of Audience Development.
The Email Marketing Specialist’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Email Production:
- Code, test and execute email marketing campaigns - including engagement programs, behaviorally- triggered campaigns, email templates, forms, customer lists, and others - to drive revenue and customer engagement
- Maintain email calendar across all iOne Digital brands including concept, content, testing, and audience information
- Set up A/B subject line, creative and copy tests regularly
- Manage review and approval process for email content.
- Partner closely with internal and external stakeholders - including web and UX/UI, social media, creative, analytics, and agency partners - to prioritize and execute marketing programs
- Ensure email marketing automation programs are consistent with brand standards and in-line with industry best practices
Content & Campaign Optimization:
- Develop email and landing page content, working with editorial and creative teams to optimize existing newsletters and develop new email products.
- Oversee email acquisition strategies, including the management of paid email capture on various social media platforms and distribution channels.
Reporting & Analytics:
- Work with the Director of Audience Development to continuously test and improve our customer email journey to drive meaningful value for our customers and help achieve business goals
- Analyze data to determine ways to optimize performance to improve conversion and retention
- Work cross-functionally with Editorial, Product, and Engineering teams to identify data needs for effective member segmentation, targeted content, and tracking
- Lead ad-hoc teams to create desirable, feasible and viable audience acquisition methods
- Host calls with publishers and editors to evaluate tactics and results
- Documentation: Own and maintain documentation of Lifecycle and Transactional email. Create a process that is sustainable to upkeep and easily shareable.
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
- The Email Marketing Specialist will have a range of both technical and creative skills. A strong understanding of web analytics and content optimization strategies is essential. This person should also have a foundation in evaluating the effectiveness of organic and paid content marketing campaigns and be able to give performance updates that are supported by data.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Three to five years of relevant digital marketing / web content marketing experience with a particular emphasis in full cycle email marketing
- Experience with Sailthru, HTML, CSS, and Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Expertise in email marketing best practices, trigger-based lifecycle programs, compliance regulations (CAN-SPAM/GDPR), and deliverability.
- Experience with advertising platforms such as Facebook, Outbrain, Taboola, and Google Ads.
- High proficiency in Google Analytics and advanced reporting execution.
- Intermediate copy editing skills such as writing effective headlines and ad copy.
- Goal driven with the ability to adapt to change and to new opportunities.
- Ability to work independently as well as a teammate and community member.
- Enthusiastic attitude to all parties and a deep desire to manage by the numbers.