Position: Digital Producer Reports To: VP, Digital
Location Atlanta, GA Department: Internet
FLSA: Exempt Station: N/A
Mandate: Develop content for Urban One’s syndicated radio shows including the Rickey Smiley Morning Show and The Morning Hustle. Contribute to increasing online web traffic and social media engagement as well as growing the brands’ digital footprint across email, SMS and app databases through radio show recaps, celebrity, entertainment, cultural and national news tailored for each brand.
- Generate daily celebrity, inspirational, gossip, entertainment and national news in the form of original web articles, images & video
- Work with the VP of Content Strategy and the Managing Editor to assist in the creation and maintenance of web content to maintain the brand’s vision, national promotions and affiliate campaigns
- Assist in maintaining digital platforms including each brand’s social media accounts, SMS clubs, mobile streaming apps and newsletters
- Participate in team-building tasks aimed to develop and maintain functions of digital department
- Identify web and social trends
- Attend all relevant skill building workshops as requested.
- To stay current with all relevant industry information as it applies to the overall job responsibility.
- Drive your own Performance Appraisal every 12 months.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each main responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Deep knowledge of African-American music and culture
- Must have good organizational and time-management skills
- Must have excellent attention to detail with the ability to work well under pressure
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Team player who can collaborate with affiliates on ideas and content sharing
- Proficiency in social media and social analytics tools
Education and/ or Experience
- Must possess at least 2 years of experience finding and producing editorial content online
- Must have excellent writing and editing skills
- Must know effective ways to distribute and promote content over the web
- Has knowledge of how to publish to and maintain a content management system (i.e. Word Press)
- Know how to perform basic photo resizing and video editing (i.e. iMovie)
- Is a social media expert
- Has a working knowledge of how to optimize content for SEO