Position: Senior Network Engineer Reports To: Infrastructure Director
Location: Corporate Office Department: Technology
FLSA: Exempt Station:
Mandate: The Senior Network Engineer, under the direction of the Technology Infrastructure Director, will support the enterprise network and systems environment across 19 locations, consisting of Active Directory (2008/2012/2016), Exchange 2016 on premise and Office 365, vSphere 5.x/6.x, Cisco routers, and switches and Cisco and Meraki firewalls running on a Cisco GB switched network systems supported include Cisco UCS servers and Tegile storage in the Primary and backup Datacenters, as well as other server and storage hardware and systems. This individual shall provide service in a manner that is consistent with Technology goals of delivering stable, predictable, reliable, highly-available and secure systems to customers. This position is expected to work autonomously with tasks assigned to him/her. This includes attending meetings with customers and Technology staff, prioritizing work, as well as setting and meeting deadlines which satisfy the needs of our customers.
- Network and Infrastructure Support
- Self- Management
- Professional Development
Objectives (by Responsibility)
- The Senior Network Engineer provides all support and troubleshooting as needed to assist in providing daily support, maintenance and administration for the company’s network infrastructure equipment
- Leads support of company’s messaging Systems to include Exchange 2016, EWS, and cloud based spam/antivirus solution
- Leads design, configuration and maintenance of enterprise voice communication systems, including both SIP and PRI circuits across several PBX vendors (Avaya/Asterix/Mitel/VX)
- Lead the design and support of networked systems across the enterprise to ensure redundancy between all markets and adequate disaster recovery in the event of a network emergency
- Lead, develop, and maintain a Remote Access infrastructure including end user VPN access and cross-platform
- Proscribe best practices for deploying highly available and redundant networked systems
- As a leader of the engineering team, assists in the design, documentation, implementation and support of Windows 2008/2012/2016 network configurations
- Responsible for implementing and deploying group policies and Active Directory network services (DHCP, WINS & DNS) within a Windows /2008/2102/2016 networking environment
- Enable all security aspects of networking such as firewalls, Anti-virus (McAfee), Spyware/Malware (Malwarebytes, IDS/IPS and URL filtering
- Assists with the configuration and maintenance of VMware 5.x/6.x environment across the enterprise.
- Expertise with managing infrastructure, ticketing, and CMBD management through the ServiceNow platform
- Involved in proactively maintaining and monitoring storage (Tegile) and virtualization platforms.
- Develops detailed network specifications and adheres / recommends company standards in support of new project scope work
- Develops and recommends strategies for network growth, security, and enhancements
- Keeps abreast of the latest technology and provide findings and recommendations to management
- Leads the troubleshooting for Messaging, Network and AD problems, determine the underlying root cause and use good judgment to resolve the issue
- Draft and maintain network related documentation
- Must be available and willing to work extended and/or alternative hours as needed for issue resolutions, deployments, system upgrades, etc
- Report to work on a regular basis
- Monitors the network on a daily basis to gather statistical data on system performance and perform necessary remediation
- Forecast network system demands, consult with key business partners and draft findings and recommendations for management
- To attend all relevant skill building workshops as requested.
- To stay current with all relevant industry information as it applies to the overall job responsibility.
- To drive your own Performance Appraisal every six months.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each main responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience with Microsoft technologies (Active Directory, Exchange Server, IIS, DNS and DHCP) primary role as a Microsoft Active Directory system engineer
- Minimum of 8 years demonstrated experience in managing networking systems, design of network system, and LAN/WAN management required
- Cisco Certifications Required– CCNA / CCNP Routing and Switching preferred – Be prepared to explain specific track followed and certifications achieved
- Expert level root cause analysis capability and process orientation
- Deep familiarity with ITIL based service management contstructs, methods, and proceses
- Experience with Meraki MX firewalls and MS switches in WAN environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology related curriculum preferred
- 4 + years’ experience installing and configuring VMware 5.x/6.x across a large enterprise environment
- Strong expertise with developing Network Engineering processes within an ITIL based framework of service management
- A strong working knowledge of VMware, Citrix XenApp and clustering technologies desired.
- Must be an independent, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly organized individual
- Prior experience with Enterprise search tools across messaging systems
- Highly motivated and able to work well under the pressures of a dynamic and fast-paced environment with constantly changing priorities
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Demonstrated success in analyzing a problem, troubleshooting and resolving it, while providing documentation for future reference
- Availability for evening and weekend work projects, f lexibility for travel required
- Ability to constantly communicate with staff, attorneys and vendors. Individual must be able to confidently and accurately communicate in both written and verbal form
Education and/ or Experience
See Qualifications section
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
*Professionalism is described as being consistently appropriate in all situations and at all times.
*Competence is defined as using “effectiveness and efficiency” in equal measure at all times.