Urban One, Inc.
JOB TITLE : Technology Chief of Staff
DEPARTMENT : Technology
REPORTS TO : CIO
The Technology Chief of Staff, under the direct supervision of the Chief Information Officer, is responsible for providing business management functions in support of the Technology organization with specific focus on predictability in achievement of Technology business goals. To support predictability and accuracy in the achievement of Technology global operations responsibilities also include the reporting oversight function to share insights with Technology leaders and executive management while ensuring communications, in all forms, with executives, end users, and Technology team members are crafted and appropriately marketed. This role is also responsible for managing budget, purchasing and facility operations and crafting policies in conjunction with this domain.
BUSINESS MANAGEMENT FUNCTIONS
- Administration of the CIO Technology department, including but not limited to:
- Organizes department meetings, all hands, and Technology events
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail
- Perform general administrative duties as assigned
- Schedule meetings and appointments and manage travel
- Assist in the Purchasing, including but not limited to:
- Procurement of hardware and software
- Purchase order creation
- Processing invoices
- Assist with asset management
- Orders, receives, and maintains office supplies
REPORTING, MARKETING AND PRESENTATION DEVELOPMENT
- Implements rebranding and marketing program for Technology
- Implements Technology cultural norms and awareness program
- Develops reporting programs for all key Technology areas
- Develops presentation decks and reports for multiple topics
- Implements a reporting cadence and health monitoring for key Technology activities
- Implements an early warning process for reporting anomalies
- Manages space and location of personnel
- Coordinates the physical movement of furniture, equipment, boxes, and materials as needed
- Responds to building, office furniture, and equipment issues
- Coordinates repairs of facility including but not limited to painting, patching, carpet etc.
- Overall Professionalism
- Dress Code (Business attire Monday – Thursday and business casual on Friday)
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality
- Taking Initiative
- Accepting and growing with others critique
- Building and maintaining workable relationships
- Behaving out of a sense of urgency
- Problem solving and decision making (within the scope of the function)
- To attend all relevant skill building workshops as requested.
- To stay current with all relevant industry information as it applies to the overall job responsibility.
- To drive your own Performance Appraisal every six months.
- Must take initiative
- Must be able to work with teams
- Must have time management skills and ability to perform multiple tasks within the department
- Ability to work and think independently without direct supervision and in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to make sound business decisions within corporate guidelines.
- Ability to handle and follow up on multiple priorities and provide excellent customer service
- Business management functional skills with demonstrated experience with budget, purchasing, and facility management
- Proven professional communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated skills with developing Technology reporting and presentations
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Proven organization and planning skills with “attention to detail” and follow-up skills.
- Proven computer skills, including spreadsheet, database, report generation, word processing, and Internet.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential material.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree and two to three year’s previous experience in a Chief of Staff role with communications and purchasing in Technology or a related field.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.