Urban One, Inc.
JOB TITLE : VP Directory Services, Security & Resilience
DEPARTMENT : Technology
REPORTS TO : CIO
The VP of Directory Services, Security and Resilience, under the direct supervision of the Chief Information Officer, is responsible for design and implementation of directory services and for protecting Urban1’s computers, networks, and data against threats, such as security breaches, computer viruses or attacks by cyber-criminals. This role provides the enterprise with a clear understanding of the challenges of managing identity services combined with information security and the leadership (analytical and problem-solving) to define the strategy and plans to address these challenges. The individual in this role will work across all levels of the organization in identifying and implementing appropriate identity services and resiliency measures.
- Has a primary focus on Technology service delivery through directory services that provide predictable, stable, and accurate Technology services provided to the business.
- Develops architecture and standards for identity and directory services with an understanding of design administration to be used within Urban One.
- Maintain close collaboration and thought leadership with our Technology customers ensuring that the Urban1 directory services and resiliency program is compatible and integrated with the goals of the business.
- Develops identity, directory, and information security policies, practices and recommendations for technology enhancements as necessary to reflect changing technology trends and security initiatives.
- Ensures that the security architecture design is appropriate for all major technology infrastructure and application system development projects by providing advice and guidance on best practices.
- Develops operational runbooks for directory services, security, and resiliency programs across Urban One.
- Completes pre-implementation and post-implementation security assessments of technology infrastructure and application development projects.
- Assess, test, and select new security products and technologies; Provide security requirements and assessment for IT related projects.
- Respond immediately to identity, resiliency and security related incidents.
- Develop and implement Technology security performance measures/metrics and regularly report on the status of the Identity, Security, and Resiliency Program.
- Overall Professionalism
- Dress Code (Business attire Monday – Thursday and business casual on Friday)
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality
- Taking Initiative
- Accepting and growing with others critique
- Building and maintaining workable relationships
- Behaving out of a sense of urgency
- Problem solving and decision making (within the scope of the function)
- To attend all relevant skill building workshops as requested.
- To stay current with all relevant industry information as it applies to the overall job responsibility.
- To drive your own Performance Appraisal every six months.
- Strong experience with designing, managing and troubleshooting Directory Services such as Active Directory.
- Strong experience with security operations, security event and incident management, and vulnerability management
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or Computer Science from an accredited college
- 5+ years in managing a complex infrastructure team with On-premise and cloud model
- 5+ years in progressively sophisticated roles in directory services, information security, coupled with demonstrable experience in various cybersecurity domains, including risk management, compliance, security strategy, security engineering, and/ or operations.
- 3+ years developing security programs by reviewing existing programs; conducting comprehensive reviews of threats; evaluating and analyzing relevant data points.
- 3+ years architecting and designing security solutions (SIEM, IDS, etc.).
- 3+ years developing identity, directory and information security policies, procedures, and practices.
- 3+ years formulating executive level recommendations related to information security strategy.
- Demonstrated experience developing incident response plans and procedures.
- The candidate must demonstrate proven success in working in a team as well as independently and exhibit follow-through to understand root causes of issues.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Master's degree in Information Security
Security certifications (CISSP, CCSP, ISSMP, GIAC, OSCP) a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.