Manager, Revenue & Inventory
The Radio One story began simply with a dream and one radio station. Thirty-five years, 16 markets, and 50+ stations later, we are an urban media empire, spanning multiple media platforms.
We are in your ears with Reach Media/Radio One, on your televisions with TV One, and may even be the name behind your favorite website, with our digital platform Interactive One.
Information is power, and our mission here at Radio One, Inc. is simple – to be the most trusted media source in the African-American community. At Radio One, we pride ourselves on hiring people who are dedicated and continue to challenge the norm, while embracing a corporate culture built on creativity and passion. We are our employees’ biggest fans, and it is our daily mission to attract, develop, and retain the brightest stars in the business.
Radio One is looking for the best and brightest Revenue & Inventory Managers to join our Team!
- Work closely with market leaders to proactively identify trends, providing regular and ad hoc reporting to support strategic direction
- Effectively manage a comprehensive portfolio of market assignments.
- Drive market compliance around all corporate driven pricing/inventory management initiatives
- Maximize radio station revenue by setting, adjusting, and monitoring all advertising pricing, inventory and demand-generating activities.
- Analyze historical data and collect market information to set optimal pricing strategy for each daypart and station
- Implement comprehensive revenue maximizing strategies by working with key pricing and inventory systems to best leverage Urban One / Radio One products
- Evaluate and set the optimal level of inventory for each station (by week and by daypart)
- Compare and track current to prior year account and category information in order to identify attrition or growth trends
- Work closely with the Market/Regional Presidents, Director of Sales, Sales and Traffic Managers to obtain information on pricing trends, market conditions, and client demand in order to develop, implement, and communicate appropriate pricing, inventory and forecasting strategies for the cluster
- Analyze historical pricing and inventory data to set prices, clocks, and demand curves for all available inventory
- Assume the responsibility of station pricing as necessary
- Deep knowledge of supply and demand economics
- Ability to formulate pricing plans based on your own comprehensive data analysis coupled with feedback provided by the Sales Management team
- Strong ability to effectively problem solve and apply thorough analytical skills to work through challenges
- Very solid understanding of product sales and/or hands on experience in product sales
- Excellent communication, presentation and persuasion skills
- Ability to collaborate at all levels within an organization
- Ability to listen and be flexible while also holding team members accountable for decisions and deliverables
- Highly developed software skills (Excel) and the ability to quickly learn new pricing systems and processes
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and respond to requests in a timely fashion
- Exemplary attention to detail
- Ability to handle tight deadlines and related pressures
- Ability to work independently or in a team setting
- Willingness to travel
- A college degree is preferred
- 5 years previous Revenue Management or related experience required
- Previous management experience preferred
- Knowledge in the following industries, radio, digital, marketing, advertising, a plus
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance Plan Options
- Paid Vacation Time and a Competitive Holiday Schedule
- Pre-Tax Transit Benefit (DC metro area only) and Flexible Spending Accounts