Position: Technical Support Analyst Reports To: Technology User Support Manager
Location: Corporate Office Department: IT
FLSA: Non-Exempt Station:
Mandate: To competently* and professionally*under the direction of the Technology User Support Manager, provide phone and in-person support to users in the areas of e-mail, Active Directory, standard Windows desktop applications and software applications deployed across the Urban1 Enterprise. Respond to and diagnose IT problems through a variety of means, such as phone and desktop support, or remote technology. Conduct problem identification, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up assuring the timely closeout of trouble tickets in the Vivantio ticket tracking system.
- Professional Development.
Objectives (by Responsibility)
- Configure and support laptops and desktops for the corporate office and 19 remote locations.
- Responsible for desktop/laptop imaging across the entire organization, including studio images and applications.
- Provide Help Desk support for problems and service requests related to hardware, software, network connectivity and application support.
- Facilities closure to problem ticket/service requests while meeting or exceeding defined service level expectations.
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant product/service offerings and support policies to provide technically accurate solutions to customers.
- Route tickets to second level support when needed.
- Maintain network desktop security (monitors virus protection software, forces periodic password changes, works with McAfee ePO and MalWareBytes).
- Evaluate and documents software and hardware evaluations and provides recommendations to management for review and possible implementation
- Install/upgrade network hardware and software, including desktops and laptops.
- Write or revise user training manuals and procedures; develop training materials for end users.
- Maintain user accounts on the network (adds and delete user account, control access to the network, object creation, and maintenance).Maintain and support wireless devices including corporate and personal cell phones (Android and iOS) and iPads.
- Support audio-visual equipment and conference rooms, including popular video conferencing software.
- Assist network engineers with projects on an as needed basis.
- Provide first level support for Mac laptops and desktops company-wide.
- Maintain a library of all implemented software and related licenses.
- Attend all relevant skill-building workshops as requested.
- Stay current with all relevant industry information as it applies to the overall job responsibility.
- To drive your own Performance Appraisal every twelve months.
Qualifications, Education & Experience
Minimum 2 – 4 years of experience on technical Help Desk; Microsoft Certifications, A+, Network+ or similar certification preferred, understanding of ITIL best practices, experience with Avaya IP Office, Video Conferencing and A/V systems, McAfee Enterprise Encryption and Antivirus; Thorough knowledge of Windows 7 and Windows 10, and Office Suite 2010-2016 )Including Office365) for desktops/laptops; Technical knowledge of IT and peripheral equipment.(Printers, copier/fax, VOIP phone, desktops, and laptops); VPN, Citrix & FTP administration. Remote desktop connectivity applications; Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills to interact with user community to provide excellent customer service; Must be willing to work outside of normal business hours to support activities and projects when necessary.