Mandate: The Director, Technology Infrastructure and Systems will lead and guide a team in the management, maintenance and long-term strategic direction of the company’s LAN, WAN, server, telecommunications and disaster recovery infrastructure on a 24-hour, 7 day per week basis.
- Lead and manage a staff to implement projects, mitigate impacts, and maintain the company’s Technology infrastructure which spans 19 locations throughout the United States in conjunction and collaboration with the Technology leadership team, engineers and technicians in each of the company’s remote offices.
- Direct the design, implementation, planning, deployment and ongoing service management for the company’s technology infrastructure in all global locations.
- Develop and deploy ITIL based service management concepts for Infrastructure management with a focus on predictability, stability, and capacity planning.
- Manage information technology infrastructure projects from inception to completion including regular status reporting, budgeting, technology testing and selection, contract management, implementation, service agreements, and managing vendor relationships.
- Develop and implement processes to proactively monitor the health and security of the company’s network infrastructure to identify and mitigate issues before they adversely affect infrastructure performance.
- Ensure process alignment and programs are developed within the ServiceNow platform.
- Implement a lifecycle approach to infrastructure management with keen focus and program on managing and replacing end of life assets.
- Proactively plan technology platforms and advancements in order to identify changes to systems and processes to meet new business requirements, reduce costs and improve infrastructure performance stability and predictability.
- Maintain a network environment which inclusive, but not limited to:
- Infrastructure hardware, including servers, firewalls, routers, switches,
- Active Directory
- DNS servers
- Desktop and server virtualization systems including VMware
- Storage systems including NetApp and Commvault
- Microsoft System Center
- VMware for VDI and remote access
- WSUS and Group Policy
- DHCP, IIS and Terminal Server
- Intranet hosting
- SQL Server
- Effectively represent the Technology Department to internal clients and to external vendors and business partners.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each main responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to conceive, express and promote a “vision” and strategic direction for the company’s multi-location Technology and telecommunications infrastructure.
- A demonstrated ability to work effectively in an evolving complex technical environment and lead a team responsible for transforming and maintaining the company’s network infrastructure to meet current and future requirements.
- Strong and expert level proficiency with the technologies noted in ‘Responsibilities’ and expertise in ServiceNow utilization.
- Expert level knowledge with network engineering and active directory.
- Experience working effectively in a collaborative environment with other internal and external technology professionals in order to identify and implement new technology solutions, and effective policies and procedures.
- Experience in the implementation, management and maintenance of Technology systems in a multimedia (television, radio, interactive) company strongly preferred.
- Strong focus on providing high quality customer service.
- Strong leadership, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to respond to business needs on a 24 x 7 x 365 basis.
- This job will involve regular travel to the company’s local offices.
- Legal right to work in the United States.
Education and/ or Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university in Information Management, Computer Science, Business Administration, Mathematics, or a related field.
- Applicable certification(s) or applicable experience strongly-preferred, Cisco certifications required including:
- Cisco CCNA, CCENT, CCDA,
- Microsoft MCSA, MCSE
- At least eight (8) years’ experience in the implementation, management and maintenance of information technology infrastructure and IT systems including LAN, WAN, telephone, voice, video, and data telecommunication systems.
- Experience in the administration of technical services contracts.
*Professionalism is described as being consistently appropriate in all situations and at all times.
*Competence is defined as using “effectiveness and efficiency” in equal measure at all times.