Associate General Counsel
|Location:||MD - Silver Spring|
Mandate: To competently* and professionally* provide legal counsel and guidance to officers and management of Radio One on legal matters.
Objectives (by Responsibility )
• Leading or assisting in all areas related to the company's corporate and securities laws matters and related compliance, including Securities Act and Exchange Act matters
• Preparation and review of SEC filings, including registration statements, Forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K, proxy statements (including shareholder proposals and proxy solicitations) and Section 16 reporting, including Forms 3, 4 and 5
• Advising on corporate governance, executive compensation and various other related matters
• Assisting corporate secretary in all corporate secretarial function matters, including preparation of notices, agendas and materials for board of directors and committee meetings, including board minutes, resolutions and actions, and leading preparation for annual meeting of shareholders
• Leading or assisting on all capital markets and other strategic transactions, including M&A and corporate financing transactions
• Having primary Legal Department responsibility for managing the company's real property portfolio including the acquisition and disposition of real property assets, leases and subleases
• drafting and negotiating a variety of complex commercial agreements on an as-needed basis
• Managing outside counsel in all appropriate areas of coverage
• Providing substantive support to other members of the Legal Department as needed
• Performing other special assignments, strategic projects or duties as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each main responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/ or Experience
Juris Doctorate degree from an accredit school; with 12 -14 years or more of legal practice experience in a related area.
Ability to read, analyze and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively and persuasively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
* Professionalism is described as being consistently appropriate in all situations and at all times.
*Competence is defined as using “effectiveness and efficiency” in equal measure at all tim es
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results