Human Resources Manager
|Location:||MD - Silver Spring|
Radio One is looking for a HR Manager to join our team! The Human Resources Manager proactively partners and consults with managers, supervisors and employees to provide strategic HR expertise in the following areas: employee relations, performance management, policy development and administration, and organizational effectiveness. Interprets and administers a variety of human resources policies and practices. Also assists with general inquiries regarding recruitment and hiring, and compensation and benefits.
For the right candidate, the company will consider hiring in one of our other market locations, including, but not limited to, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Richmond, Raleigh, Charlotte, Atlanta, Chicago, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Dallas, Houston, etc.
• Partners with assigned internal client groups to determine HR needs and support business strategy. Facilitates change and ensures that core HR processes are delivered in a fashion that supports business needs.
• Provides ongoing coaching and training to guide managers and employees on issues affecting performance and development
• Educates and inform employees and management on company policies and procedures
• Develops a system to analyze attrition and make recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
• Assists management at a strategic level to develop programs and tools aimed at reducing and preventing employee relations issues.
• Reviews exit interviews and provide feedback appropriately
• Maintains knowledge of and ensures compliance with employment related laws and regulations
• Actively communicates employee relations information to the Director of Human Resources
• Communicates professionally, tactfully and with the utmost diplomacy at all times. Maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times
• Oversees the unemployment inquiries, consults with the Director of Human Resources, ER Manager and or Legal when needed
• Works on various HR projects as needed
• Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
• Consults with line management on recruiting and staffing needs. Partners with management to broaden diversity in the candidate pool.
• Taleo Administration - (reporting, requisitions, workflow processes, applications, forms, offer letters, and on-boarding materials)
• Manage the background investigation process
• Process payroll related documents
• Process severance agreements
• Responds to verbal and written employment verifications
• Works or assists on special projects as determined by the needs of the business
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills are required to interact with managers, employees, candidates, and vendors
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook & Access), on-line applicant tracking systems and internet research skills
• Must be detail oriented and able to proof and edit documents, spreadsheets, etc.
• Must be able to handle confidential information
• Strong sense of urgency and ability to multi-task
• Proficiency with sourcing tools that include web-posting, diversity channels, networking venues and cold-calling
• Strong commitment to client and candidate as evidenced by responsive, well-crafted communications via email, phone or in-person; must be customer service oriented
• Project management experience, with ability to respond to changing priorities, and enjoyment of fast-paced, dedicated, technically challenging work environment
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field preferred with at least 5-7 years of experience as an HR Generalist.
• Recruiting and Social Media management experience preferred
• Prior experience with Taleo preferred or other applicant tracking software required
• Prior experience using Lawson a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results