Position: Director, Tech Program Management Reports To: CIO
Location: Silver Spring, MD Department: Technology
FLSA: Exempt Station: Corporate
Mandate: The Director, Tech Program Management is responsible for providing business management functions in support of the Technology organization with specific focus on predictability in achievement of Technology business goals through sound program and project oversight. This role is responsible for delivering predictability and accuracy in the achievement of Technology projects and programs that affect global business operations and includes resource management, health metrics reporting, the technology implementation oversight function. This role is also responsible for managing budget, receiving invoices, preparing invoices for payment, purchasing technology hardware and software and plays a role infacility operations and crafting policies in conjunction with this domain.
- Oversee and track progress on information technology projects from inception to completion including regular status reporting, budgeting, technology testing and selection, contract management, implementation, service agreements, and managing vendor relationships.
- Identify the approach for a given project including defining roles, stakeholder involvement, risks, dependencies, deliverables, review and approval processes, and anticipated milestone dates, adjusting throughout the course of the project.
- Work with stakeholders and subject matter experts on the client side, as well as internal team members, to understand, document and manage the scope of work for a given project.
- Develop and maintain project governance and project management documentation, such as project plans, schedules, communications plans, risk registers, status updates, critical paths, etc.
- Collaborate with our internal team to conduct work breakdowns, identify necessary resources, and collect estimates regarding time and complexity of tasks.
- Coordinate task execution and provide appropriate coaching, direction and delegation to project team members.
- Manage client expectations around timelines, deliverables, and scope of work with sophistication to set up both clients and internal teams for success.
- Plan, write, and oversee all client communications, including providing timely and accurate status updates.
- Monitor delivery progress and determine if teams have the velocity, skills, and tools to execute work according to the current project plan, and continuously assess the need to change tactics or supplement personnel.
- Ensure process alignment and programs are developed within the ServiceNow platform and designs effectively the PMP program in ServiceNow.
- Manage the technology purchasing function and key vendor relationships including hardware, software, tracking shipments, purchase order creation, processing invoices timely, assisting in the asset management process, ordering – receiving – maintaining office supplies
- Effectively represent the Technology Department to internal clients and to external vendors and business partners
- Leads key management meeetings to regularly review technology program and project status to both the technology SLT and senior business management.
- Lead the management and development of annual capital and operating expense budgets.
- Assist with gathering necessary information to support internal and SOX-based audit activities.
- Assists with managing space and location of personnel including coordination of the physical movement of furniture, equipment, boxes, and materials as needed.
- Responds to building, office furniture, and equipment issues. May coordinates repairs of facility including but not limited to painting, patching, carpet etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each main responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to conceive, express and promote a “vision” and strategic direction for a UrbanOne program and project management.
- A demonstrated ability to work effectively in an evolving complex technical environment and lead a project teams responsible for transforming and maintaining the company’s technology programs.
- Desire to achieve PMP certification
- Experience working effectively in a collaborative environment with other internal and external technology professionals in order to identify and implement new technology solutions, and effective policies and procedures.
- Must have time management skills and ability to perform multiple tasks within the department
- Ability to work and think independently without direct supervision and in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to make sound business decisions within corporate guidelines.
- Ability to handle and follow up on multiple priorities and provide excellent customer service
- Business management functional skills with demonstrated experience with budget, purchasing, and facility management
- Proven professional communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated skills with developing Technology reporting and presentations
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Proven organization and planning skills with “attention to detail” and follow-up skills.
- Proven computer skills, including spreadsheet, database, report generation, word processing, and Internet.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential material.
- Ability to respond to business needs on a 24 x 7 x 365 basis.
- This job may involve travel to the company’s local offices.
- Legal right to work in the United States.
Education and/ or Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university with at least four years of experience.
- Applicable certification(s) or applicable experience strongly preferred, PMP certifications preferred.
- Experience with leading and managing projects.
- Experience in the administration of budgets and forecasts.