Title: Bilingual Online Editor (Spanish Language)
Reports to: Senior Video Editor
Office Base: Indianapolis
The Spanish Language Online Editor facilitates the content objectives (i.e. developing and managing content) for Radio One Spanish radio and TV station websites in several Radio One markets. The position is responsible for increasing the sites’ online traffic and engagement through the maintained programming of celebrity, entertainment, news and local events, and by linking the stations’ on-air and off-line marketing and promotional activities.
- Reporting on, and engaging with, local and surrounding area events and activity
- Scoping, editing, and writing posts about news, celebrity, entertainment, and gossip collected from both the local and national level
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Constant aggregation of material from around the web and the stations’ other network partners including, but not limited to, Univision, Telemundo, other Radio One station sites, BlackPlanet.com, TV One, and the content verticals of the BlackPlanet Universe.
- Working with radio personalities to assist in the creation and maintenance of daily blogs.
- Working with the stations’ Program Director, Operations Manager, and/or Marketing/Promotions leads to maintain the vision, voice and brand direction of the stations online
- Working with the National Director Of Online Content for Radio to leverage national programming opportunities, tools and services
- Reviewing all content posted to Spanish websites, ensuring compliance with Radio One company policy
- Writing and translating content in Spanish for posting to the Spanish websites and social media platforms
Metrics for Success:
Of utmost importance to the Spanish Language Online Editor is web traffic primarily indicated by Unique Visitors (UVs) and Pageviews (PVs). Other performance metrics including time spent, bounce rates, and impressions will also be used.
Ensuring compelling and up-to-date content always available will be the Spanish Language Online Editor’s best way of influencing these key performance indicators.
- 3 years of experience finding and producing editorial content online.
- Knows effective ways to distribute, promote and market your content over the web.
- Knowledge of how to publish to and maintain a content management system (CMS), WordPress a plus
- Must know how to perform rudimentary photo resizing, audio and video editing using programs including Adobe Photoshop, iMovie, and Sound Studio.
- Familiar with, and knows how to analyze, the metrics of Google Analytics and Omniture.
- Working knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices.
- You must have an abiding fascination with, and/or deep knowledge of, Latino and Hispanic music and culture
- You must be an absolute web junkie, familiar with all websites that cover Latino and Hispanic news, entertainment, celebrity, gossip and events
- You must be fully knowledgeable of, and an active participant in, the local community, culture and events of the local area.
- You must be enthusiastic and disciplined; a self-starter that can thrive in fast-paced environments with tight deadlines and aggressive performance targets
- You must be able to speak English and Spanish fluently
- You must be able to accurately translate between English and Spanish, both verbally and in written form