Interactive One (www.interactiveone.com) is powered by the mission to create an online community that provides rich content and digital products that engage, entertain and inspire the lives of African Americans.
We are the #1 digital platform for the Multi-Cultural Millennials, reaching millions of users each month through a suite of content, social, and local radio offerings. iOne owns and operates a number of branded destinations, including HipHopWired (Hip Hop x Technology),GlobalGrind (Millennials), HelloBeautiful (Women), MadameNoire (Women’s Lifestyle), NewsOne (Affluent), Bossip (Celebrity News & Gossip) and TheUrbanDaily (Men), as well as social networking sites such as BlackPlanet, and more than 50 local radio sites. Interactive One was launched in 2008 by Radio One, Inc. [NASDAQ: ROIA and ROIAK, radio-one.com] to complement its existing portfolio of media companies targeting Black Americans.
This role reports to the VP, Audience Development & Video and is part of the Video Team.
As the Senior Video Producer, his/her primary duty will be to manage a brand focused video production team focused on the execution of professionally developed short form video content to help draw in viewership for all brands under the iOne platform. As the creative and operational lead on the team, the Senior Producer will lead development meetings and oversee the production process to ensure deliverables are completed and content goals are met.
- Oversee all aspects of story development and production to ensure consistency with the original vision.
- Help develop new repeatable formats and series, honing stories at the pitch phase and giving notes on treatments, beat sheets and paper edits.
- Use strong storytelling and research skills to work with writers and producers to collaborate on scripts and develop a strong brand voice for each national brand to create shareable content.
- Manage the pre-production process to ensure that a production is within the scope of our resources and meets our content goals.
- Oversee edits, conduct interviews, direct shoots and oversee small and large scale projects both in the field and studio.
- Work closely with editors during the post process to provide constructive feedback and video approval to in a timely manner to ensure all videos are delivered on deadline and on budget.
- Manage budget, production schedules and resources for various shoots simultaneously.
- Ensure producers are securing appropriate rights and clearances for video usage.
- Understand strategic company priorities and how the team supports and fits into these goals.
- Understanding of how titling, metadata and thumbnails can effect a video's performance.
- Ensure all videos are clear, accurate, and error-free.
- Manage personnel decision on the team you’re responsible for, including time-off requests, performance reviews, and recommending termination in the event a team member isn’t meeting the team’s goals.
- 5+ Years of professional experience in film, TV, or journalism producing various styles of video creation (digital-first, TV, social-only, longform)
- 1-2 years video production team leadership experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail. Extremely creative, organized and dedicated to creating best-in-class videos
- Experience managing and growing a team of talented video producers and editors
- Ability to develop, communicate and manage multiple simultaneous production budgets
- Ability to track viewer analytics and adjust video production strategies to drive toward goals
- Comfortable working within deadlines, under pressure, and juggle multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills, in person and in various written formats (Slack, email, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of organizational platforms such as Basecamp, Trello, and Slope.
- A basic understanding of CMS systems
- Proven track record of making content that is shareable and well suited for the digital landscape as well as an interest in keeping up to date with newer or emerging platforms and applications. (ex: Snapchat and Instagram Stories)
- Strong proficiency with video editing platforms, ideally Adobe Premiere, Comfortable with After Effects fundamentals.
- Strong proficiency with DSLR, ENG camera systems, specifically Sony FS and Canon C100/C300, etc. Basic lighting knowledge a plus
- Strong writing, research, visual and narrative storytelling capabilities
- A curious critical thinker always looking for stories with a passion for editorial storytelling and new media.
- Can work well in a collaborative environment.
- Experience adhering to editorial guidelines and best practices.
COMPANY CORE VALUES:
- We believe in ideas that matter. To our clients. To the audiences we serve. To us. We don't care about the size of the idea as long as it makes a meaningful difference.
- We challenge everything. No thought. N o point of view. No industry convention. Nothing is off limits. No idea is too great to be challenged when it comes to exploring ways to make things better.
- We have high expectations. We require the most out of each other because we know that the highest levels of achievement cannot take place without the highest levels of expectations.
- We take risks. Not any risks, but smart risks. The type of risks that can propel us to new heights. We embrace failure as long as we are aiming for the mountaintops and finding new lessons in the instances where we happen to fall short.
- We are humble giants. We are the best at what we do without the cockiness to go along with it. We are nice people who sit confidently at the top of our craft. To us, actions will always speak louder than words.
- We take care. Of our responsibilities. Of the work. Of our reputation. And most of all, of each other. Beyond being accountable, we are committed to never let each other fail. We partner until the work tells us it’s done. No agenda is higher than the one uniting us all.