Interactive One (www.interactiveone.com) is powered by the mission to create an online community that provides rich content and digital products that engage, entertain and inspire the lives of African Americans.
We are the #1 digital platform for the Multi-Cultural Millennials, reaching millions of users each month through a suite of content, social, and local radio offerings. iOne owns and operates a number of branded destinations, including HipHopWired (Hip Hop x Technology),GlobalGrind (Millennials), HelloBeautiful (Women), MadameNoire (Women’s Lifestyle), NewsOne (Affluent), Bossip (Celebrity News & Gossip) and TheUrbanDaily (Men), as well as social networking sites such as BlackPlanet, and more than 50 local radio sites. Interactive One was launched in 2008 by Radio One, Inc. [NASDAQ: ROIA and ROIAK, radio-one.com] to complement its existing portfolio of media companies targeting Black Americans.
One X Studios ( https://www.onexstudios.com ) is the branded content division of Urban One. We are comprised of designers, directors, producers, writers, and strategists dedicated to illuminating stories that often go untold. We live at the intersection of culture and communication, and our lens is guided by an artistic, imaginative yet purposeful ‘what’s next’ approach to creativity. The stories we craft are rooted in the veritable Black and urban millennial experience and as content creators, our goal is to uplift culture while authentically connecting brands to the culture.
This sharp, creative-minded Video Producer/Editor will join a branded content/activations team of storytellers to produce and edit video content for One X Studios, iOne Digital, and One Solution advertising, marketing and promotions materials.
- Tell forward-thinking stories through sight, sound, and motion
- Edit promos and trailers, conceptualize and collaborate on all elements of AV campaigns
- Work collaboratively with other producers, motion graphic designers, and editors to create innovative, compelling creative
- Develop, pitch, write, produce, and edit video for on-channel, digital, social and broadcast
- Lead video projects and all deliverables from pre-production through post
- Scope, plan, and budget for video projects that include live action
- Lead client relations, approvals, and feedback throughout production process
- Deliver projects on-time and on-budget while maintaining a high-quality bar
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
- Detailed, meticulous, and organized
- Passionate storyteller and media creator
- Resourceful and creative
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external clients
- Ability to lead creative discussions and brainstorm sessions
- Ability to give and receive critical feedback in a team environment
- Expert editor in Premiere CC
- Expert music editor and sound designer with an intimate understanding of the emotional power and structure of music
- At least 5-7 years of experience producing and editing for content marketing (both linear and digital) and a bachelor’s degree
- Experienced short-form content promo and trailer storyteller, with an amazing and award-winning demo reel
- Experience in writing, developing and pitching creative concepts
- Experience in leading a creative project from pre-production through post
- Experience in handling clients, feedback, notes, and approvals
- Familiar with African-American and Millennial culture
- Comfortable with most video codecs and formats and the ability to transcode between them
- Experience working on brand/advertising projects
- Proficient in Pro Tools, After Effects, and Photoshop
COMPANY CORE VALUES:
- We believe in ideas that matter. To our clients. To the audiences we serve. To us. We don't care about the size of the idea as long as it makes a meaningful difference.
- We challenge everything. No thought. N o point of view. No industry convention. Nothing is off limits. No idea is too great to be challenged when it comes to exploring ways to make things better.
- We have high expectations. We require the most out of each other because we know that the highest levels of achievement cannot take place without the highest levels of expectations.
- We take risks. Not any risks, but smart risks. The type of risks that can propel us to new heights. We embrace failure as long as we are aiming for the mountaintops and finding new lessons in the instances where we happen to fall short.
- We are humble giants. We are the best at what we do without the cockiness to go along with it. We are nice people who sit confidently at the top of our craft. To us, actions will always speak louder than words.
- We take care. Of our responsibilities. Of the work. Of our reputation. And most of all, of each other. Beyond being accountable, we are committed to never let each other fail. We partner until the work tells us it’s done. No agenda is higher than the one uniting us all.