Interactive One (www.interactiveone.com) is powered by the mission to create an online community that provides rich content and digital products that engage, entertain and inspire the lives of African Americans.
We are the #1 digital platform for the Multi-Cultural Millennials, reaching millions of users each month through a suite of content, social, and local radio offerings. iOne owns and operates a number of branded destinations, including HipHopWired (Hip Hop x Technology),GlobalGrind (Millennials), HelloBeautiful (Women), MadameNoire (Women’s Lifestyle), NewsOne (Affluent), Bossip (Celebrity News & Gossip) and TheUrbanDaily (Men), as well as social networking sites such as BlackPlanet, and more than 50 local radio sites. Interactive One was launched in 2008 by Radio One, Inc. [NASDAQ: ROIA and ROIAK, radio-one.com] to complement its existing portfolio of media companies targeting Black Americans.
One X Studios (onexstudios.com) is a branded content studio comprised of designers, directors, producers, writers, and strategists dedicated to illuminating stories that often go untold. We live at the intersection of culture and communication, and our lens is guided by an artistic, imaginative yet purposeful ‘what’s next’ approach to creativity. Our stories are rooted in the veritable Black experience with the goal of connecting people – especially those shaping culture. So, we create with courage. We collaborate with openness. We dig deep. And we remain curious.
We’re looking for a sharp, dedicated, creative-minded Video Editor to support the One X team across a range of post-production responsibilities for both in-house and external productions. The V.E. will also help to manage the delivery, storage and organization of digital and physical assets. The position requires versatility in both style and workflow to account for varying content types, creative approaches, brands and deliverables. The ideal candidate has a confident/informed point-of-view and can work independently but can also take direction from hands-on producers and creatives. Candidates should be comfortable working collaboratively in edit sessions.
- Support One X team in post-production of digital video content through editing and gfx work as well as some vfx, color grading, audio sweetening.
- Assist One X in the ideation, planning, execution and delivery of branded video content. Short-form project types include: docu-series, profiles, narrative, lifestyle, social media content, etc.
- Occasionally assist OX producers in a post-supervisor capacity (e.g. coordinating with 3rd party finishing vendors, receiving and delivering assets in-house, uploading/posting, etc.)
- Occasionally providing DIT services for in-house video productions (managing/storing digital media)
- Responsible for upkeep of in-house editing facilities and the managing and storing digital assets.
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
- Minimum 5 years of video editing experience with proven range in interviews, narrative, dialogue, docu, montage, and sizzle reels
- Superb asset management and project organization skills
- Advance knowledge of digital video production, motion graphics, and industry-standard software such as Adobe Premiere + CC, After Effects, etc.
- Tech savvy with experience working across a variety of digital formats and workflows
- Experience with color grading and sound mixing
- Ability to take direction and work with collaborators in real-time.
- Strong storytelling ability with an appreciation for collaboration and experimentation. A confident and informed POV.
- Detail-oriented, articulate, and timely in meeting various deadlines
COMPANY CORE VALUES:
- We believe in ideas that matter. To our clients. To the audiences we serve. To us. We don't care about the size of the idea as long as it makes a meaningful difference.
- We challenge everything. No thought. N o point of view. No industry convention. Nothing is off limits. No idea is too great to be challenged when it comes to exploring ways to make things better.
- We have high expectations. We require the most out of each other because we know that the highest levels of achievement cannot take place without the highest levels of expectations.
- We take risks. Not any risks, but smart risks. The type of risks that can propel us to new heights. We embrace failure as long as we are aiming for the mountaintops and finding new lessons in the instances where we happen to fall short.
- We are humble giants. We are the best at what we do without the cockiness to go along with it. We are nice people who sit confidently at the top of our craft. To us, actions will always speak louder than words.
- We take care. Of our responsibilities. Of the work. Of our reputation. And most of all, of each other. Beyond being accountable, we are committed to never let each other fail. We partner until the work tells us it’s done. No agenda is higher than the one uniting us all.