Interactive One (www.interactiveone.com) is powered by the mission to create an online community that provides rich content and digital products that engage, entertain and inspire the lives of African Americans.
We are the #1 digital platform for the Multi-Cultural Millennials, reaching millions of users each month through a suite of content, social, and local radio offerings. iOne owns and operates a number of branded destinations, including HipHopWired (Hip Hop x Technology),GlobalGrind (Millennials), HelloBeautiful (Women), MadameNoire (Women’s Lifestyle), NewsOne (Affluent), Bossip (Celebrity News & Gossip) and TheUrbanDaily (Men), as well as social networking sites such as BlackPlanet, and more than 50 local radio sites. Interactive One was launched in 2008 by Radio One, Inc. [NASDAQ: ROIA and ROIAK, radio-one.com] to complement its existing portfolio of media companies targeting Black Americans.
- Publish 4-5 posts daily on MadameNoire
- Pitch relevant ideas and assist with freelancer assignments as needed
- Conduct interviews with relevant talent in office and by phone
- Monitor social media to discover trending news and hot topics to cover
- Use site analytics to determine which content is most engaging and performs well
- Attend and cover relevant events and TV shows of interest to our audience
- Create or suggest graphics to illustrate stories
- Develop relationships with PR reps/brands
- Assist with social media posting as needed
- Brainstorm tentpole series and content ideas regularly
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
- Must be an avid consumer of news, current events, politics, and entertainment and culture topics, with particular attention to content related to African-American Millennial audiences
- Ability to create viral/high-trafficking content that is not dependent on celebrity news
- Have a strong knowledge of reporting and editing standards and practices
- Be able to work a full-time schedule in office and abide by the nature of a 24-hour news cycle
- Possess multimedia aptitude, particularly in the areas of photos, videos, and audio
- BA/BS (preferred) in journalism, liberal arts, or English
- Previous experience for a lifestyle magazine or women’s website
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to write flawless copy on deadline in a fast-paced environment
COMPANY CORE VALUES:
- We believe in ideas that matter. To our clients. To the audiences we serve. To us. We don't care about the size of the idea as long as it makes a meaningful difference.
- We challenge everything. No thought. No point of view. No industry convention. Nothing is off limits. No idea is too great to be challenged when it comes to exploring ways to make things better.
- We have high expectations. We require the most out of each other because we know that the highest levels of achievement cannot take place without the highest levels of expectations.
- We take risks. Not any risks, but smart risks. The type of risks that can propel us to new heights. We embrace failure as long as we are aiming for the mountaintops and finding new lessons in the instances where we happen to fall short.
- We are humble giants. We are the best at what we do without the cockiness to go along with it. We are nice people who sit confidently at the top of our craft. To us, actions will always speak louder than words.
- We take care. Of our responsibilities. Of the work. Of our reputation. And most of all, of each other. Beyond being accountable, we are committed to never let each other fail. We partner until the work tells us it’s done. No agenda is higher than the one uniting us all.