Interactive One ( www.interactiveone.com) is powered by the mission to create an online community that provides rich content and digital products that engage, entertain and inspire the lives of African Americans.
We are the #1 digital platform for the Multi-Cultural Millennials, reaching millions of users each month through a suite of content, social, and local radio offerings. iOne owns and operates a number of branded destinations, including HipHopWired (Hip Hop x Technology),GlobalGrind (Millennials), HelloBeautiful (Women), MadameNoire (Women’s Lifestyle), NewsOne (Affluent), Bossip (Celebrity News & Gossip) and TheUrbanDaily (Men), as well as social networking sites such as BlackPlanet, and more than 50 local radio sites. Interactive One was launched in 2008 by Radio One, Inc. [NASDAQ: ROIA and ROIAK, radio- one.com] to complement its existing portfolio of media companies targeting Black Americans.
The Associate Integrated Marketing Manager will be responsible for crafting sales strategies in response to RFPs and create a roster of off-the-shelf and custom program offerings to support and drive the sales process. Continually evaluate and adjust sales strategy and materials to respond to changing client, market and competitive conditions.
- RFP Responses & Proactive Pitches
- Collaborate and brainstorm with sales in the creation of digital opportunities to meet advertiser/agency objectives
- Create client presentations via Powerpoint or Keynote
- Use research tools i.e. comScore to tell the iOne Digital story in response to RFPs and Proactive Pitches
- Work interdepartmentally with Editorial, Client Services, Activations and other departments to support sales initiatives
- Develop a thorough understanding of internal tools and become an expert on iOne Digital ad products.
- Effectively communicate iOne Digital products and offerings as they relate to client goals.
- Review industry trades for new sites, innovative and creative ad units, technologies, and competitive information.
- Solve problems and make quick decisions independently.
- Create research knowledge base and assist with general comScore and inquiries to support the sales team.
- Special Projects i.e. quarterly internal communication
- Attend Client & Sales Meetings (Local and National)
- Other responsibilities as assigned
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
- Ability to complete multiple tasks and high volume of work on short deadlines and follow through on assigned tasks
- Deep understanding of the core elements of online advertising
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent project management, time management and organization skills with attention to detail
- Highly motivated and self-directed with the ability to work well both independently and as proactive team member
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels and within multiple functions of an organization
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- 3-4 years’ experience in digital advertising industry, preferably in an Integrated Marketing or Sales Development role; Digital Publisher a plus, Media Agency experience a plus
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially with PowerPoint, Excel & Word
- Bachelor's degree
COMPANY CORE VALUES:
- We believe in ideas that matter. To our clients. To the audiences we serve. To us. We don't care about the size of the idea as long as it makes a meaningful difference.
- We challenge everything. No thought. No point of view. No industry convention. Nothing is off limits. No idea is too great to be challenged when it comes to exploring ways to make things better.
- We have high expectations. We require the most out of each other because we know that the highest levels of achievement cannot take place without the highest levels of expectations.
- We take risks. Not any risks, but smart risks. The type of risks that can propel us to new heights. We embrace failure as long as we are aiming for the mountaintops and finding new lessons in the instances where we happen to fall short.
- We are humble giants. We are the best at what we do without the cockiness to go along with it. We are nice people who sit confidently at the top of our craft. To us, actions will always speak louder than words.
- We take care. Of our responsibilities. Of the work. Of our reputation. And most of all, of each other. Beyond being accountable, we are committed to never let each other fail. We partner until the work tells us it’s done. No agenda is higher than the one uniting us all.