Interactive One (www.interactiveone.com) is powered by the mission to create an online community that provides rich content and digital products that engage, entertain and inspire the lives of African Americans.
We are the #1 digital platform for the Multi-Cultural Millennials, reaching millions of users each month through a suite of content, social, and local radio offerings. iOne owns and operates a number of branded destinations, including HipHopWired (Hip Hop x Technology),GlobalGrind (Millennials), HelloBeautiful (Women), MadameNoire (Women’s Lifestyle), NewsOne (Affluent), Bossip (Celebrity News & Gossip) and TheUrbanDaily (Men), as well as social networking sites such as BlackPlanet, and more than 50 local radio sites. Interactive One was launched in 2008 by Radio One, Inc. [NASDAQ: ROIA and ROIAK, radio-one.com] to complement its existing portfolio of media companies targeting Black Americans.
- Answer telephones and direct callers to the appropriate individual on behalf of all local Urban 1 entities (I-One, TV One, Radio One and Reach Media)
- Greets visitors, clients, and talent fostering a welcoming environment. Advise appropriate contact of arrival of their visitors
- Manage conference and huddle rooms to include but not limited to booking, addressing booking/scheduling conflicts, insuring tidiness
- Monitor kitchen and office supply inventory and re-order as needed
- Manage office key cards and ID badges
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail. Manage log of deliveries and notify employees of incoming parcel within one hour of arrival
- Update and issue phone and office directory timely
- Assist with maintaining emergency evacuation procedures
- Assist with lost and found.
- Additional support duties as assigned
- Manage monthly employee socials to include catering, set-up, clean-up and entertainment liaison
- Assist with office Brown Bag sessions (calendar invites and room set-up)
- Create and issue new hire, service anniversaries and birthday announcements
- Assist with payroll processing (i.e. timesheet collection) and general HR document retention efforts
- Update and maintain the Company’s organizational chart
- Provides project support to the HR department
- Supports the HR Vice President as assigned
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Friendly and personable demeanor with strong customer service skills
- Ability to interpret and operate within office and HR department policies and procedures
- Ability to accept constructive feedback and make workstyle adjustments with positive attitude
- Proficient with MS office (i.e. Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Visio)
- Critical thinking skills and attention to detail
- Creative thinker and solution oriented
- Strong grammar, punctuation and proofing skills
- Ability to problem solve and manage conflicts with diplomacy
- Ability to work at a fast pace without compromising work product
- Can-do attitude, team focused while operating as an independent contributor
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism and integrity
- Strong analytical, reasoning and research skills used to interpret and apply information to assignment
- Punctual 8:30am-5:30pm daily. Occasional overtime required.
- Legal right to work in the United States
High diploma required, college degree desired. A minimum of 4 years of administrative office experience. Pop culture enthusiast.
COMPANY CORE VALUES:
- We believe in ideas that matter. To our clients. To the audiences we serve. To us. We don't care about the size of the idea as long as it makes a meaningful difference.
- We challenge everything. No thought. N o point of view. No industry convention. Nothing is off limits. No idea is too great to be challenged when it comes to exploring ways to make things better.
- We have high expectations. We require the most out of each other because we know that the highest levels of achievement cannot take place without the highest levels of expectations.
- We take risks. Not any risks, but smart risks. The type of risks that can propel us to new heights. We embrace failure as long as we are aiming for the mountaintops and finding new lessons in the instances where we happen to fall short.
- We are humble giants. We are the best at what we do without the cockiness to go along with it. We are nice people who sit confidently at the top of our craft. To us, actions will always speak louder than words.
- We take care. Of our responsibilities. Of the work. Of our reputation. And most of all, of each other. Beyond being accountable, we are committed to never let each other fail. We partner until the work tells us it’s done. No agenda is higher than the one uniting us all.