Interactive One ( www.interactiveone.com) is powered by the mission to create an online community that provides rich content and digital products that engage, entertain and inspire the lives of African Americans.
We are the #1 digital platform for the Multi-Cultural Millennials, reaching millions of users each month through a suite of content, social, and local radio offerings. iOne owns and operates a number of branded destinations, including HipHopWired (Hip Hop x Technology),GlobalGrind (Millennials), HelloBeautiful (Women), MadameNoire (Women’s Lifestyle), NewsOne (Affluent), Bossip (Celebrity News & Gossip) and TheUrbanDaily (Men), as well as social networking sites such as BlackPlanet, and more than 50 local radio sites. Interactive One was launched in 2008 by Radio One, Inc. [NASDAQ: ROIA and ROIAK, radio-one.com] to complement its existing portfolio of media companies targeting Black Americans.
- Execute shoots in the field and the studio – which includes camera operation, audio capture, and lighting the sets
- Shoot a variety of styles of original and branded content, in the field and in the studio, from sit down interviews, to hand held Doc-style, with a focus on short-form consumable digital content.
- Recording sound with lava mics on set.
- Color/sound correct, add motion graphic, visual effects, insert photos, infographics, text and optional effects, select sound/music, oversee narration recording and develop final products.
- Receive storyboard, creative brief, script and outline footage and shot list, transcript of interviews.
- Bring fresh ideas to the table, make creative decisions based on written scripts or input from producers and directors and ensure quality-control and consistency on final project.
- Deliver edits as assigned weekly on deadline and within budget constraints.
- Use strong visual storytelling skills to quickly assemble edits and implement notes from producers, directors, and team leads.
- Conceptualize, develop and deliver innovative motion graphic designs/solutions
- Handle multiple projects and deadlines and ensures high quality of work – with a strong attention to detail. Be constantly vigilant throughout all projects for correct details and accurate program content.
- Be able to study the creative marketplace; stay current with trends, software, and technology.
- Clear communication with the team regarding project status and needs.
Administrative / Project Management
- Maintain several ongoing projects at once.
- Work closely with Producers to produce smart, creative video content that is consistent with the original vision.
- Maintain regular communication with writers and producers to coordinate timely delivery of videos, project files, etc.
- Participate in creative meetings and create a feedback loop with the Producers and editorial leads.
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
- Communication - Expresses ideas effectively
- Collaboration and Teamwork - Interacts with people effectively. Able and willing to share and receive information.
- Self Starter - Ability to initiative.
- Critical thinking and Problem Solving
- Problem Solving - Comes up with appropriate solutions
- Work Standard - Pays close attention to detail and accuracy
- 4+ Years of professional experience in film, TV, or journalism producing various styles of video creation (digital-first, TV, social-only, longform)
- Proficiency and experience with various editing/compression software, Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Illustrator, After Effects, Photoshop), audio sweetening, color correction, chroma-keying, transcoding, exporting final products and managing deliverables.
- Ability to assemble and set up camera and sound equipment before film shoot.
- Comfortable with adjusting lighting for different sets.
- Expertise in designing 2D and 3D graphics for digital products
- Ability to create results-oriented motion graphics to meet strategic business requirements.
- Strong attention to detail. Extremely creative, organized and dedicated to creating best-in-class videos
- Excellent communication skills, in person and in various written formats (Slack, email, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of organizational platforms such as Basecamp, Trello, and Slope.
- Ability to work well within, and lead a team of creative/technical talent
- A basic understanding of CMS systems.
- Comfortable working within deadlines, under pressure, and juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Proven track record of making content that is shareable and well suited for the digital landscape as well as an interest in keeping up to date with newer or emerging platforms and applications. (ex: Snapchat and Instagram Stories)
- A curious critical thinker always looking for stories with a passion for editorial storytelling and new media.
- Can work well in a collaborative environment.
- Excellent time management skills to perform well under pressure and delivers on tight deadlines.