Interactive One (www.interactiveone.com) is powered by the mission to create an online community that provides rich content and digital products that engage, entertain and inspire the lives of African Americans.
We are the #1 digital platform for the Multi-Cultural Millennials, reaching millions of users each month through a suite of content, social, and local radio offerings. iOne owns and operates a number of branded destinations, including HipHopWired (Hip Hop x Technology),GlobalGrind (Millennials), HelloBeautiful (Women), MadameNoire (Women’s Lifestyle), NewsOne (Affluent), Bossip (Celebrity News & Gossip) and TheUrbanDaily (Men), as well as social networking sites such as BlackPlanet, and more than 50 local radio sites. Interactive One was launched in 2008 by Radio One, Inc. [NASDAQ: ROIA and ROIAK, radio-one.com] to complement its existing portfolio of media companies targeting Black Americans.
Interactive One is a digital solutions company for the New America. We offer an array of audiences (Women, Men, Affluent, and Millennial) to support marketers advertising objectives. We are looking for an expert digital seller to be located in our New York office that can manage an assigned account list and exceed revenue goals.
The ideal candidate knows how to identify new opportunities through effective prospecting and can manage all aspects of the sales cycle. Also, must possess a proven track record of closing large, custom deals.
- Identify and generate new sales leads through effective prospecting –including competitive analysis, data analysis and industry trends.
- Establish strategic level relationships with senior level client contacts and agency partnerships within the assigned territory.
- Sell the value and brand strength of the iOne Digital to advertisers and agencies
- Proactively keep clients informed of pertinent account and iOne Digital platform information, as well as marketplace conditions
- Make in-person visits to advertisers, agencies and any other applicable entities to drive revenue
- Grow revenue through new business and existing accounts within the assigned territory.
- Build, maintain and manage a sales pipeline to provide accurate planning, forecasting and reporting of pacing to monthly, quarterly and annual goals.
- Manage all aspects of the sales cycle – from initial client contact to campaign implementation
- Lead the internal sales process including guiding marketing, planning and account management to develop the best possible solutions
- Remain up to date with client strategies and campaigns
- Remain current with competitive networks
- Stay current with iOne Digital’s brand offerings and performance
- Work closely with the VP of Sales to develop a strategy to achieve growth goals and book of business.
- Take leadership on influencing products, solutions and communication
- Provide superior customer service to clients
- Utilize Salesforce or other CRM to record all sales activity (e.g. meetings, emails, calls) and revenue reporting
- Possess excellent written, communication and presentation skills
- Thrive in a creative business environment and maintain a positive demeanor
- Lead the team by example – via work intensity, strong command of the product and the advertising/marketing process
- Participate in industry events and conferences
- Stay abreast of market knowledge
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Maintain accurate sales forecast
- Proficiency and MS PowerPoint and MS Excel
- Experience with Salesforce.com a plus
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
- Ability to work independently, while being open to direction and guidance
- Proven track record of closing large, custom deals
- Motivated, self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and work ethic
- Creative, marketing-oriented media seller with a passion for what the Internet can bring to blue-chip advertisers
- Excellent written, communication skills, negotiation, persuasion, closing, presentation and follow-up skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Ability to travel throughout the East Coast
- Experience working with an African American or multicultural product
- Experience in a start-up environment
- Good analytical skills in both understanding marketers objectives and analyzing campaign performance
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of digital ad sales experience
- An additional 2-4 years of traditional media sales or agency experience -- print, radio, broadcast, cable, etc, or marketing position
COMPANY CORE VALUES:
- We believe in ideas that matter. To our clients. To the audiences we serve. To us. We don't care about the size of the idea as long as it makes a meaningful difference.
- We challenge everything. No thought. No point of view. No industry convention. Nothing is off limits. No idea is too great to be challenged when it comes to exploring ways to make things better.
- We have high expectations. We require the most out of each other because we know that the highest levels of achievement cannot take place without the highest levels of expectations.
- We take risks. Not any risks, but smart risks. The type of risks that can propel us to new heights. We embrace failure as long as we are aiming for the mountaintops and finding new lessons in the instances where we happen to fall short.
- We are humble giants. We are the best at what we do without the cockiness to go along with it. We are nice people who sit confidently at the top of our craft. To us, actions will always speak louder than words.
- We take care. Of our responsibilities. Of the work. Of our reputation. And most of all, of each other. Beyond being accountable, we are committed to never let each other fail. We partner until the work tells us it’s done. No agenda is higher than the one uniting us all.