Interactive One (www.interactiveone.com) is powered by the mission to create an online community that provides rich content and digital products that engage, entertain and inspire the lives of African Americans.
We are the #1 digital platform for the Multi-Cultural Millennials, reaching millions of users each month through a suite of content, social, and local radio offerings. iOne owns and operates a number of branded destinations, including HipHopWired (Hip Hop x Technology),GlobalGrind (Millennials), HelloBeautiful (Women), MadameNoire (Women’s Lifestyle), NewsOne (Affluent), Bossip (Celebrity News & Gossip) and TheUrbanDaily (Men), as well as social networking sites such as BlackPlanet, and more than 50 local radio sites. Interactive One was launched in 2008 by Radio One, Inc. [NASDAQ: ROIA and ROIAK, radio-one.com] to complement its existing portfolio of media companies targeting Black Americans.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
The Strategist, Social Media Content & Strategy works on iOne’s agency side, leading branded social media content and campaigns for one of the world’s largest non-profit organizations, with a particular focus on African-American audiences. Under the oversight of the Assistant Director, Social Media and Content Operations, lead social media strategy, fan engagement, project management, day-to-day social media execution and creative writing on priority brands and campaigns as assigned.
The Strategist, Social Media Content & Strategy role does not offer any opportunity to work on any of Interactive One’s owned branded destinations, and is solely dedicated to client’s social media. This is a three month project.
- Serve as a thought leader on current social action trends at it pertains to multicultural audiences and develop compelling social media strategy and content to increase engagement and brand awareness
- Manage the creative and strategic development process and execution of client’s social media content across multiple platforms, primarily but not limited to Facebook and Twitter.
- Develop social media content calendars, handling all research, copy writing and owning the day-to-day strategy of what the client’s brand objectives, initiative and programs
- Perform research on current trends and audience engagement on key initiatives of brand
- Develop a voice, tone and personality consistent with core audience identified by priority brand as assigned
- Collaborate with internal and external marketing and social media managers to ensure brand consistency.
- Manage social media coverage of client’s event activations, working with social media creative team to capture and produce short-form promotional content (photos, social videos, Boomerangs, etc.), collaborating with client’s other agencies as required
- Suggest and implement new ideas and engagements tools/posts/ concepts
- Constantly staying up–to–date and educated on current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications and social action initiatives
- Collaborate with the social media creative team in the creation of dynamic social media creative assets (graphics, videos, gifs, illustrations) that reflect the clients’ brands and demographics across all platforms
- Work with the Assistant Director, Social Media and Content Operations to continuously update and optimize the social strategy to ensure priority brands and campaigns meet their digital growth goals.
- Maintain internal and client-facing editorial calendars and team publishing schedules
- Assist in the creation of client presentation, strategy, and recap decks
- Generate monthly social media metrics report, providing contextual insights and identifying opportunities
- Participate and present social media services and capabilities in new business efforts and presentations, where appropriate.
- Participate in top-tier brainstorms where appropriate, helping iOne Digital to develop the most compelling ideas and materials.
- Familiarity with social media content management systems necessary, experience with Sprinklr a plus.
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
- Good editorial judgment, writing skills, and ability to capture multigenerational audience voices to reach new and established audiences.
- Analytical understanding or experience with data insights a big plus.
- Knowledge of, and a passion for ever-evolving social media trends, and the digital landscape at large.
- Ability to work independently, quickly and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Diligent work ethic a must; flexible weekend/evening schedules.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment; must be a team player.
- Exceptional communication and relationship management skills - deep cross-functional collaboration is required.
- Must be able to travel for live event coverage, approximately 10%
- Must be able to problem solve on the fly and prioritize given tasks
- 4-6 years of relevant experience managing social media for a large brand or media publisher.
- Experience in native social media measurement tools such as Facebook Insights and Twitter Analytics
- Experience collaborating with team members in social media content creation
- Proven experience hitting key social metrics
- Extensive social media copy writing, copy editing and proofreading experience required
- Experience on working with social action initiatives and influencers is a plus
COMPANY CORE VALUES:
- We believe in ideas that matter. To our clients. To the audiences we serve. To us. We don't care about the size of the idea as long as it makes a meaningful difference.
- We challenge everything. No thought. No point of view. No industry convention. Nothing is off limits. No idea is too great to be challenged when it comes to exploring ways to make things better.
- We have high expectations. We require the most out of each other because we know that the highest levels of achievement cannot take place without the highest levels of expectations.
- We take risks. Not any risks, but smart risks. The type of risks that can propel us to new heights. We embrace failure as long as we are aiming for the mountaintops and finding new lessons in the instances where we happen to fall short.
- We are humble giants. We are the best at what we do without the cockiness to go along with it. We are nice people who sit confidently at the top of our craft. To us, actions will always speak louder than words.
- We take care. Of our responsibilities. Of the work. Of our reputation. And most of all, of each other. Beyond being accountable, we are committed to never let each other fail. We partner until the work tells us it’s done. No agenda is higher than the one uniting us all.