Interactive One (www.interactiveone.com) is powered by the mission to create an online community that provides rich content and digital products that engage, entertain and inspire the lives of African Americans.
We are the #1 digital platform for the Multi-Cultural Millennials, reaching millions of users each month through a suite of content, social, and local radio offerings. iOne owns and operates a number of branded destinations, including HipHopWired (Hip Hop x Technology),GlobalGrind (Millennials), HelloBeautiful (Women), MadameNoire (Women’s Lifestyle), NewsOne (Affluent), Bossip (Celebrity News & Gossip) and TheUrbanDaily (Men), as well as social networking sites such as BlackPlanet, and more than 50 local radio sites. Interactive One was launched in 2008 by Radio One, Inc. [NASDAQ: ROIA and ROIAK, radio-one.com] to complement its existing portfolio of media companies targeting Black Americans.
Interactive One is seeking a Manager of Legal and Business Affairs (tech based) who will be an addition to our internal legal department. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, business minded strategic thinker who is comfortable in a faced paced environment and can manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Competently and professionally support the business clients of Interactive One and its affiliate entities with an emphasis on contract drafting and negotiation in a rapidly changing media and technology environment.
- Provide legal support to the Ad Sales, Sales Operations and Product teams.
- Negotiate and draft technology contracts, software/technology licensing and development agreements- including SaaS Agreements, IT agreements, ad tech agreements and vendor and procurement contracts.
- Negotiate and draft advertising, sponsorship and marketing agreements with ad affiliate network partners, advertising technology providers and exchanges.
- Handle copyright matters and claims.
- Assist with Companywide privacy, data, GDPR and CCPA projects and compliance related matters.
- Assist with other matters and projects as needed
- Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school
- Active member of the New York Bar
- 2-3 years related experience in the digital media industry
COMPANY CORE VALUES:
- We believe in ideas that matter. To our clients. To the audiences we serve. To us. We don't care about the size of the idea as long as it makes a meaningful difference.
- We challenge everything. No thought. No point of view. No industry convention. Nothing is off limits. No idea is too great to be challenged when it comes to exploring ways to make things better.
- We have high expectations. We require the most out of each other because we know that the highest levels of achievement cannot take place without the highest levels of expectations.
- We take risks. Not any risks, but smart risks. The type of risks that can propel us to new heights. We embrace failure as long as we are aiming for the mountaintops and finding new lessons in the instances where we happen to fall short.
- We are humble giants. We are the best at what we do without the cockiness to go along with it. We are nice people who sit confidently at the top of our craft. To us, actions will always speak louder than words.
- We take care. Of our responsibilities. Of the work. Of our reputation. And most of all, of each other. Beyond being accountable, we are committed to never let each other fail. We partner until the work tells us it’s done. No agenda is higher than the one uniting us all.