Our mission at Urban One is to be the most trusted source in the African-American community that informs, entertains and inspires our audience by providing culturally relevant integrated content through our radio, television, digital and financial products. Despite the medium; TV One, Radio One, Reach Media, iOne Digital, One Solution or the ONE VIP Visa Debit Card Program, we work to represent a people whose impact has touched every fiber of American life. That’s what makes us experts. We are creators and distributors. We are developers and executors.
ONE VIP is a full-featured FDIC Insured digital deposit bank account featuring the ONE VIP VISA Debit Card. ( www.onevip.com ).
Interactive One (www.interactiveone.com) is powered by the mission to create an online community that provides rich content and digital products that engage, entertain and inspire the lives of African Americans.
We are the #1 digital platform for the Multi-Cultural Millennials, reaching millions of users each month through a suite of content, social, and local radio offerings. iOne owns and operates a number of branded destinations, including HipHopWired (Hip Hop x Technology),GlobalGrind (Millennials), HelloBeautiful (Women), MadameNoire (Women’s Lifestyle), NewsOne (Affluent), Bossip (Celebrity News & Gossip) and TheUrbanDaily (Men), as well as social networking sites such as BlackPlanet, and more than 50 local radio sites. Interactive One was launched in 2008 by Radio One, Inc. [NASDAQ: ROIA and ROIAK, radio-one.com] to complement its existing portfolio of media companies targeting Black Americans.
- Under the oversight of the Associate Director, Strategic Marketing and Vice President, Social & Content Strategy, leads social media strategy, fan engagement, project management, day to day social media execution and creative writing on priority brands and campaigns as assigned.
- Role will consist of 50% ONE VIP social media management and 50% iOne Digital social media management. Direct report to the Associate Director, Strategic Marketing and indirect dotted line to the Vice President, Social & Content Strategy.
- Advise on paid social advertising strategies to drive product/mobile app acquisition
- Create and develop industry specific campaigns with influencers/advocates
- Discover and engage with potential new customers
- Respond and/or redirect inbound customer service related comments to appropriate channels (i.e. website, customer service etc.)
- Use data to advise on future content direction and strategy
Lead the creative development process and execution of social media campaigns across multiple platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.
- Create weekly and monthly social media plans and work with the Associate Director, Strategic Marketing and Vice President, Social & Content Strategy to continuously update and optimize the social strategy to ensure priority brands and campaigns meet their digital growth goals.
- Responsible for live-tweeting and/or live event coverage on assigned platforms and posting on nights, weekends and holidays as necessary.
- Write, schedule, and optimize daily content across multiple social platforms, working with editorial, social and audience development leads to expand and refine social strategies as needed
- Maintain editorial calendars and team publishing schedules and regularly prepare and share campaign highlight reports.
- Assist the Associate Director, Strategic Marketing and Vice President, Social & Content Strategy in the creation of presentation, strategy, and recap decks.
- Fulfill social media sales requests on an as needed basis.
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
- Good editorial judgment, writing skills, and ability to capture multigenerational audience voices to reach new and established audiences.
- Analytical understanding or experience with data insights a big plus.
- Knowledge of, and a passion for ever-evolving social media trends, and the digital landscape at large.
- Ability to work independently, quickly and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Diligent work ethic a must; flexible weekend/evening schedules.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment; must be a team player.
- Exceptional communication and relationship management skills - deep cross-functional collaboration is required.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience managing social media for a large brand or media publisher.
- Proven experience hitting key social metrics and skill with native social media scheduling tools.
- Strong proficiency with photo resizing, audio and short-form video editing preferred.
COMPANY CORE VALUES:
- We believe in ideas that matter. To our clients. To the audiences we serve. To us. We don't care about the size of the idea as long as it makes a meaningful difference.
- We challenge everything. No thought. N o point of view. No industry convention. Nothing is off limits. No idea is too great to be challenged when it comes to exploring ways to make things better.
- We have high expectations. We require the most out of each other because we know that the highest levels of achievement cannot take place without the highest levels of expectations.
- We take risks. Not any risks, but smart risks. The type of risks that can propel us to new heights. We embrace failure as long as we are aiming for the mountaintops and finding new lessons in the instances where we happen to fall short.
- We are humble giants. We are the best at what we do without the cockiness to go along with it. We are nice people who sit confidently at the top of our craft. To us, actions will always speak louder than words.
- We take care. Of our responsibilities. Of the work. Of our reputation. And most of all, of each other. Beyond being accountable, we are committed to never let each other fail. We partner until the work tells us it’s done. No agenda is higher than the one uniting us all.