Interactive One (www.interactiveone.com) is powered by the mission to create an online community that provides rich content and digital products that engage, entertain and inspire the lives of African Americans.
We are the #1 digital platform for the Multi-Cultural Millennials, reaching millions of users each month through a suite of content, social, and local radio offerings. iOne owns and operates a number of branded destinations, including HipHopWired (Hip Hop x Technology),GlobalGrind (Millennials), HelloBeautiful (Women), MadameNoire (Women’s Lifestyle), NewsOne (Affluent), Bossip (Celebrity News & Gossip) and TheUrbanDaily (Men), as well as social networking sites such as BlackPlanet, and more than 50 local radio sites. Interactive One was launched in 2008 by Radio One, Inc. [NASDAQ: ROIA and ROIAK, radio-one.com] to complement its existing portfolio of media companies targeting Black Americans.
“Notice to California Residents of Collection of Personal Information. When you submit an application, we collect the personal information you provide and that you authorize us to collect on your behalf for the purpose of processing and evaluating your application, verifying the accuracy of information you provide, and communicating with you about your application.
The information we may collect includes:
- personal identifiers like your name, address, and contact information;
- information about your professional abilities, skills, aptitudes and background (e.g., educational and professional experience, resumes, curricula vitae, writing samples, and information about your skills, training, and applicable licenses, permits, and certifications);
- information about your character, references, and credentials;
- information about your authorization to work for us;
- information obtained from references, educational institutions, and others you have authorized us to contact (including results of background checks you authorize us to perform if you are offered a position); and
- any other information you elect to provide or authorized us to obtain.
We may collect additional information for the purposes of complying with legal obligations, including criminal background and licensure information that may affect your legal ability to work for us and status information required for the monitoring of equal employment opportunity compliance (e.g., race/ethnicity, disability status, and gender).”
- Reporting to the SVP, Chief Content Officer, oversee and manage all content creation for iOne Digital editorial team supervising a team of brand leads including Pop Culture, Women’s, and News & Lifestyle.
- Point on all content operations for the editorial and social media teams, including but not limited to maintaining overall editorial calendars and managing launches and promotional processes related to priority content releases.
- Evaluate, identify and architect improved protocols, processes and workflows to optimize team efficacy and growth toward strategic goals of iOne Digital’s content team
- Manage multiple, simultaneous short- and long-term projects directed by the SVP, Chief Content Officer
- Collaborate with department directors to develop more effective communication and process for seamless execution of iOne Digital’s franchises and tentpoles
- Evolve iOne Digital’s national brands social media to adapt to audience patterns continuously optimizing and elevating the brand globally via cutting edge social media coverage and social experiences.
- Oversee creative strategy and planning for iOne Digital national brands including category and content coverage; proactively leading development and creative ways of producing highly engaging content.
- Manage operational aspect of content partnerships and special projects ensuring timely execution.
- Manages the editorial content expense budget for all iOne Digital brands, including freelancer support, travel and related expenses, ensuring the group stays within budget.
- Scrutinizes editorial content across the iOne Digital network for quality, tone, and opportunities for content sharing across groups.
- Work closely with editorial, talent and video teams to identify and establish relationships with top talent in the pop culture space, and oversee development of key social media franchises, segments and editorial initiatives.
- As needed, work closely with iOne Digital and One Solution ad sales and partnership teams to develop innovative and highly customized yet organic branded content initiatives, effectively communicating our content strategy and value to our top clients.
- Continuously evaluate and develop team members and set high bar for social coverage, storytelling and general creative output and internal / external presentation of the iOne Digital national brands.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and direct a team to include but not limited to:
- Provide regular constructive feedback
- Resolve issues/conflicts with diplomacy in a timely manner
- Provide on-going guidance and support for growth and development
- Deploy effective coaching skills
- Practical understanding of anti-harassment and discrimination laws
- Ability to effectively administer performance reviews and corrective action plans, as appropriate
- The ability to foster an inclusive work environment free of workplace harassment and bullying
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 7+ years of social media experience.
- 10+ years of digital media experience, at least 5 of those with direct management experience.
- Ability to manage multiple brands and related content teams.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- In depth knowledge of digital and online content environments.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
COMPANY CORE VALUES:
- We believe in ideas that matter. To our clients. To the audiences we serve. To us. We don't care about the size of the idea as long as it makes a meaningful difference.
- We challenge everything. No thought. No point of view. No industry convention. Nothing is off limits. No idea is too great to be challenged when it comes to exploring ways to make things better.
- We have high expectations. We require the most out of each other because we know that the highest levels of achievement cannot take place without the highest levels of expectations.
- We take risks. Not any risks, but smart risks. The type of risks that can propel us to new heights. We embrace failure as long as we are aiming for the mountaintops and finding new lessons in the instances where we happen to fall short.
- We are humble giants. We are the best at what we do without the cockiness to go along with it. We are nice people who sit confidently at the top of our craft. To us, actions will always speak louder than words.
- We take care. Of our responsibilities. Of the work. Of our reputation. And most of all, of each other. Beyond being accountable, we are committed to never let each other fail. We partner until the work tells us it’s done. No agenda is higher than the one uniting us all.