At Hyatt Place Fort Worth in partnership with Silverton Casino, LLC, we believe our guests select Hyatt Place because of our caring and attentive team members who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences. This is an excellent "entry level" opportunity that requires apprentice knowledge of food preparation and kitchen clean up. If you have a developing passion for food preparation and can offer excellent guest service, we want you on our team!
Principle Responsibilities and Duties
- Assists all guests in a sincere and courteous manner and is visible during service hours.
- Prepare and set-up breakfast according to brand standards and in compliance with local county and/or city health department standards.
- Attends to guest needs, ensuring food is continually replenished and presented in an appealing manner.
- Check food before serving it to ascertain that appearance, temperature, and portions are correct. Consistently spot check food to ensure that food served meets quality standards.
- Clears and cleans tables and chairs, as needed during and after service hours.
- Bus and maintain front lobby area.
- Maintains clean and well-organized dining and work area. Including disinfecting all areas where food is prepared or served.
- Maintains all dispensing machines, operating equipment and serving utensils in a neat and clean manner to ensure maximum job efficiency and an appealing presentation.
- Organizes storage areas to ensure the quality of the food, implementing “first in first out” method of food rotation.
- Maintain and clean refrigerators and work areas in accordance with hotel standards.
- Plans and prepares for the following day. Checks inventory of supplies taking action as necessary to ensure adequate quantity and quality of products for the next day.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of all services and facilities of the hotel, as well as the local area to effectively assist guests.
- Attend work on time as scheduled and adhere to attendance policy.
- Lift, carry or otherwise move up to 25 lbs. regularly. Lift, carry or otherwise move up to 50 lbs. occasionally with assistance. Follow proper moving and lifting procedures. Regularly required to stand; walk; reach; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; kneel; crouch; talk and hear; taste and smell.
- Wear uniform, including nametag at all times.
- Communicate properly and effectively with the guest, Team Members and managers. Effectively respond to guest complaints.
- To be flexible in your job function and perform any other reasonable duties and responsibilities which may be assigned, including redeployment to other areas if required, in order to meet business demands and guest service needs.
- To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene and adhere to the hotel and department grooming standards.
ENTRY LEVEL POSITION WITH GREAT PAY
Automatic Step Progression:
- +$0.50/hour after 6 months of employment
- +$0.50/hour after 1 year of employment
Skills, Education & Other Requirements
- Lift, carry or otherwise move up to 25lbs. regularly.
- Lift, carry or otherwise move up to 50 lbs. occasionally with assistance.
- Follow proper moving and lifting procedures.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; reach; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; kneel; crouch; talk and hear; taste and smell.
Required Work Cards
- Identification that establishes identity
- Identification that establishes the right to work in the United States
- Possess or the ability to possess a Food Handlers Card
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.