TerpSys is an innovative IT solutions provider, a respected community leader, and an all-around great place to work. We promote work-life effectiveness for all of our employees by creating a supportive, flexible, and collaborative work environment. We have a high performance culture, where we treat of employees as individuals, as professionals, as key members of the team, and like family.
TerpSys is seeking an enthusiastic individual to join our team as a Software Developer. This position provides direct support in building custom applications to help our customers more effectively achieve their mission.
- Work with internal and customer product teams to bring business requirements to life.
- Actively participate and communicate within an agile development team to help the team reach its objectives.
- Continue to learn and grow your skills, and share that knowledge with the team.
- Clear, concise, and pro-active communications with clients to achieve excellent customer service.
- Develop web application solutions using:
- Microsoft .NET technologies (ASP.NET Core)
- Microsoft SQL Server.
- Design and implement database schemas, and integrate them with web applications.
- Integrate applications with external systems, and perform data migrations.
- Providing support to products in production while balancing new development initiatives.
- Work in a remote/telework setting with outstanding reliability and communication.
- Other duties as assigned.
- US Citizenship required
- Note: Applicants selected will be subject to a government public trust security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements related to the clearance process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.*
- Strong experience building web applications and services using Microsoft ASP.NET web technology stack like ASP.NET MVC and/or ASP.NET Core.
- Strong experience working with a relational database management system such as SQL Server.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills.
- Commitment to quality, including thorough testing of one’s own work products.
- Ability to work remotely from your own distraction free environment.
*Candidates without the specified Bachelor’s Degree must possess 6+ years of professional experience within a software development environment.
Desired Experience / Qualifications / Certifications
- Experience working on Microsoft Azure platform.
- Experience building solutions on the Microsoft SharePoint platform.
- Experience working with O/RM tools like Entity Framework.
- Experience building sites and applications within Sitefinity.
- Experience integrating applications with CRM /AMS platforms like Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, HubSpot, Zoho, iMIS, Aptify, NetForum, Fonteva etc. is a plus.
- Experience building APIs and Services.
- Experience building mobile applications.
- Working knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
- Track record of working directly with clients and other project stakeholders.
TerpSys is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.