Research Associate, Discovery Biology
Summary of Position
Amicus Therapeutics is a global, patient-dedicated biotechnology company focused on discovering, developing and delivering high-quality medicines for people living with rare metabolic diseases.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated individual ready to work within a science-focused, collaborative, multidisciplinary drug discovery and development environment.
The Research Associate position will be responsible for supporting lab operations in the purification of target proteins and bio-reagents.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Performing experiments for the bench scale purification of protein therapeutics and reagents
- Performing necessary assays in support of both upstream and downstream activities
- Supporting therapeutic protein drug substance process development and scale up
- Evaluating technologies to improve downstream processes
- Serving on departmental, interdepartmental, and project teams
- Operation, maintenance, and installation of equipment
- Write and review formal reports, including method SOPs, reports, and other technical documents
- Maintain documentation of all work in laboratory notebooks
- Adhere to all relevant compliance regulations
Qualifications and Background Requirements
- AS/BS or equivalent in scientific discipline, and min of 0-2 years related lab experience
- Prior protein purification experience a plus
- Perform enzyme activity assays
- Aseptic technique
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills