As a subsidiary of Goldbelt, Inc., Goldbelt Falcon is an 8(a) Alaska Native Corporation providing scientific, engineering and technical services tailored to the defense, security, aerospace and environmental markets. Goldbelt Falcon is in search of a PMEL Technician located at Robins AFB. GA
Position requires experience in metrology principles and calibration as applied to all measurement disciplines. Position requires extensive knowledge in the K5/K6 (Physical-Dimensional) section of the Precision Measurement Equipment Laboratory (PMEL) and basic knowledge in other lab sections. This position primarily consists of calibration/repair of the laboratory K5/K6 Test Measurement Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE) standards and customer TMDE to include pressure, force, linear, mass, flow, torque and optics. Will assist other calibration sections as workload permits.
• Familiarity with metrology principles and techniques, calibration laboratory practices and compliance with applicable directives.
• Repair, overhaul, align, calibrate, and certify laboratory working standards and customer TMDE using safe work practices/procedures.
• Calibrate/Repair high accuracy and general TMDE such as customer and lab-owned pressure, force, linear, mass, flow, torque and optics TMDE.
• Utilize TMDE to troubleshoot and repair systems and circuit boards to component level technicians as needed.
• Provide technical guidance to other technicians as needed.
• Ability to read, interpret, and analyze block, schematic, wiring diagrams, and technical publications.
• Exercise independent judgment in tasks such as circuit analysis, waveform analysis and signal flow.
• Perform additional duties as directed by supervisor.
• Minimum of four (4) years of verifiable recent experience in metrology laboratory performing calibration and repair of TMDE.
• Outstanding/Excellent mathematical skills
• Applications must have normal color vision, pass drug screenings, and be U.S citizen able to acquire and retain a security clearance.
• Must have a valid and current driver’s license.
• Experience in a USAF PMEL
• Knowledge of the USAF PMEL Automated Management System, the USAF Metrology and Calibration Program, and the USAF Quality System and Quality Program,
• Computer skills to include use of Microsoft Office (Excel, WORD, Outlook)