As a subsidiary of Goldbelt, Inc., Goldbelt Falcon is a an 8(a) Alaska Native Corporation providing scientific, engineering and technical services tailored to the defense, security, aerospace and environmental markets. Goldbelt Falcon is in search of an PMEL Technician II, also known as the Electronics Technician II, located at Andersen Air Force Base, Guam.
This position requires experience in metrology principles and calibration as applied to all measurement disciplines. Position requires extensive knowledge in either the Physical-Dimensional or Electronics section of the Precision Measurement Equipment Laboratory (PMEL) and basic knowledge in other lab sections. This position primarily consists of calibration/repair of laboratory Test Measurement Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE) standards and customer TMDE to include voltage, resistance, current, capacitance, inductance, frequency, power, attenuation, pressure, length, force, mass, temperature, flow and torque. Will assist other calibration sections as workload permits.
• Familiarity with metrology principles and techniques, calibration laboratory practices and compliance with applicable directives.
• Repair, overhaul, align, calibrate, and certify laboratory working standards and customer TMDE using safe work practices/procedures.
• Calibrate/Repair/Use TMDE such as DC and AC voltage standards, multi-function calibrators, resistance standards, AC/DC transfer measurement standards, DC and AC current TMDE, high accuracy digital multi-meters, power meters, oscilloscopes, frequency counters, torque, temperature, length, force and pressure TMDE.
• Utilize TMDE to troubleshoot and repair systems and circuit boards to component level.
• Operate under immediate supervision and receive technical guidance from supervisor or other technicians as needed.
• Provide technical guidance to other technicians as needed.
• Ability to read, interpret, and analyze block, schematic, wiring diagrams, and technical publications.
• Exercise independent judgment in tasks such as circuit analysis, waveform analysis and signal flow.
• Perform additional duties as directed by supervisor.
• Minimum of four (4) years of verifiable recent experience in metrology laboratory performing calibration and repair of TMDE.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Outstanding/Excellent mathematical skills.
• Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written.
• Applications must have normal color vision, pass drug screenings, and be U.S citizen able to acquire and retain a security clearance.
• Must have a valid and current driver’s license.
• Applicants must have the ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
• Experience in a USAF PMEL.
• Knowledge of the USAF PMEL Automated Management System, the USAF Metrology and Calibration Program, and the USAF Quality System and Quality Program.
• Computer skills to include use of Microsoft Office (Excel, WORD, Outlook)