Hamilton Island's head office in St Leonards is currently seeking an experienced Senior Payroll Officer to join a small and friendly Payroll Team. Our businesses include Hamilton Island, Robert Oatley Vineyards and Oatley Fine Wine Merchants. This is a full time permanent position working across 7 different businesses in multiple industry types including hospitality, wine production and sales, yachting and cattle farming just to name a few.
About the Role
- Processing end to end weekly and monthly pay runs which will involve setup of new employees, terminations, allowances, deductions, updating details, adjustments, role changes, reconciling pay run, loading bank files and reporting.
- Working across 7 different businesses with pay runs ranging from 4 to 1400 employees.
- Award interpretation and the ability to provide advice on employment conditions, leave entitlements, terminations, superannuation and taxation.
- Process month end deductions and reporting on payroll tax and superannuation
- Answer payroll related enquiries in a timely and professional manner
- General administration duties related to payroll services
- Provide quality customer service to internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure professional practices and standards are adhered to at all times
- Minimum of 3 years in a similar role
- High volume and complex processing
- Experience in Chris21 preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Sound knowledge of payroll and general HR practices, procedures and legislation
- Use of T&A / Rostering Systems
- Be passionate about payroll and developing your skills
Culture and Benefits
- Located 2 blocks from St Leonards train station, food court and restaurants
- Free staff gym and showers in the building with regular discounted fitness classes
- Family and friends rates on accommodation and wine products
- Training and development opportunities
- Fantastic friendly team environment
- Spacious and modern offices
To apply, click the Apply button or visit www.hamiltonisland.com.au/careers