Manta Ray, based alongside our stunning marina waterfront, is seeking a Junior Sous Chef to join the team in delivering modern Australian cuisine to our guests on Hamilton Island.
About The Role
- Live on island position
- Full time permanent position; shifts on a rotating roster
- Salaried position based on 40 hour work week; however from time to time you will be required to work in excess of these hours within reason
- Fast paced, high volume a la carte lunch and dinner
- Achieve consistent high standards of food quality and production
- Train, delegate and supervise team members
- Must have successfully completed Certificate 3 in Hospitality (Commercial Cookery)
- Minimum 2 years of Chef de Partie experience
- Demonstrated experience managing busy kitchens and leading teams
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Reliable and flexible attitude
- Impeccable grooming and personal presentation
- Having a high level of physically fitness - this is a demanding role in hot and humid tropical conditions
Island of Opportunity
- Largest inhabited island in the Whitsundays located on the edge of the Great Barrier Reef
- Award-winning international holiday destination
- Explore a range of work opportunities through our multi-hire program - pick up extra shifts in other outlets/departments
- Opportunity to progress quickly in your professional career. Work your way up the ladder on Hamilton Island!
- Gain a qualification whilst working through the Robert Oatley College on island.
- Subsidised staff accommodation paid out of pre-tax earnings
- Employee discounts on a wide array of restaurants, transport and island activities!
- Close-knit social environment and work culture
- Walk to work - forget city traffic and stress! Enjoy the outdoors and idyllic environment.
To apply, click the Apply button or visit www.hamiltonisland.com.au/careers