Hamilton Island is seeking a Plant Operator to join our Earthworks division!
In this role, the successful person will be responsible for the care and operation of the concrete and aggregates, constructing and repairing roads and operating plant equipment and machinery.
You must have an HR licence and a White Card for this position.
Culture and Benefits
- Pick up extra shifts and develop your career through our multihire program
- Save money with subsidised furnished staff accommodation
- Accredited training provided via the Robert Oatley College
- Staff perks - discounts on restaurants and activities!
- Fantastic work culture and supportive community
- Walk to work - forget city traffic
- Enjoy living and working on the doorstep of the Great Barrier Reef!
About the Role
- Operation of plant and machinery as required for Services ensuring timely completion
- Perform to a high standard of product quality and safety at all times
- Carry out emergency work (e.g. in the case of heavy rains)
- Record all usage of labour hours, materials and information required for work requisitions
- Accountable for the safety, pre-start checks and cleaning of allocated vehicles
- Road patching, traffic control and general labouring
- Some agi truck driving will be required
- Assist other Tradespersons as requested by the Earthworks Manager
- Live on island position
- QLD HR Driver licence (Essential)
- White Card (Essential)
- Min 2 years’ experience in the operation of earthmoving equipment and plant equipment (Essential)
- Mobile crane, Grader, Forklift and Plant Batching licences (Desirable)
- Front End Loader, Skid Steer and Backhoe licences (Desirable)
Click "apply" or visit www.hamiltonisland.com.au/careers
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/HIERecruitment
Follow us on Linkedin www.linkedin.com/company/hamilton-island