Hamilton Island is currently looking for a Waste and Recycling Attendant to work as part of the busy Public Services department on a full time permanent basis.
The successful person will be responsible for operating the garbage collection and hook trucks, both for general waste and recycling materials, compaction of general waste in bins and generally improving the recycling and waste management on Hamilton Island.
Culture & Benefits
- Pick up extra shifts and develop your career through our multihire program
- Save money with subsidised furnished staff accommodation
- Accredited training provided via the Robert Oatley College
- Staff perks - discounts on restaurants and activities!
- Fantastic work culture and supportive community
- Walk to work - forget city traffic
- Enjoy living and working on the doorstep of the Great Barrier Reef!
About The Role
- Ensure the safe operation of garbage collection vehicles and bins around the island
- Operation of loader and forklift
- Liaise with island departments to ensure correct delivery to all locations
- Paperwork and administrative tasks
- Operate glass crushing plant, baler and oil separator
- Current HR licence
- Forklift ticket (desirable)
- Previous experience in transport with a sound driving record
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have Tetanus, Hep A & B Injections
Click "apply" or visit www.hamiltonisland.com.au/careers
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/HIERecruitment
Follow us on Linkedin www.linkedin.com/company/hamilton-island