We operate highly successful and reputable businesses across multiple industry types such as hospitality, wine production and sales. Our businesses include Hamilton Island, Robert Oatley Vineyards and Oatley Fine Wine Merchants and more. Due to the relocation our payroll operations from interstate we are currently building a new team and are seeking an experienced Payroll Officer to join our team based at our Head Office in St Leonards.
This is a full time permanent position working across 7 different businesses in multiple industry types including hospitality, wine production and sales, yachting and cattle farming just to name a few.
Culture & Benefits
- Award-winning and industry recognised luxury holiday destination
- Dynamic and fun workplace culture
- Free gym and subsidised fitness classes
- Convenient St Leonard’s location
About the Role
- Processing end to end weekly and monthly pay runs which will involve setup of new employees, terminations, allowances, deductions, updating details, adjustments, role changes, reconciling pay run, loading bank files and reporting.
- Working across 7 different businesses with pay runs ranging from 4 to 1400 employees.
- Award interpretation and the ability to provide advice on employment conditions, leave entitlements, terminations, superannuation and taxation.
- Process month end deductions and reporting on payroll tax and superannuation
- Answer payroll related enquiries in a timely and professional manner
- General administration duties related to payroll services
- Provide quality customer service to internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure professional practices and standards are adhered to at all times
- Minimum of 5 years in similar role
- High volume and complex processing
- Experience in Chris21 preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Sound knowledge of payroll and general HR practices, procedures and legislation
- Use of T&A / Rostering Systems
- Be passionate about payroll and developing your skills
Click "apply" or visit www.hamiltonisland.com.au/careers
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/HIERecruitment
Follow us on Linkedin www.linkedin.com/company/hamilton-island