System Developer, Performance Management Support Contract (PERFORM), Pakistan
In May 2015, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded a five-year performance management support contract – PERFORM to Management Systems International (MSI). Under PERFORM MSI provides monitoring support, evaluations, assessments, and learning support services to USAID. These services provide evidence-based data and information and high-quality analysis that USAID program managers use to target resources and inform project design and implementation to improve project results and achieve objectives.
Please note: Only Pakistani citizens are eligible for this position.
PERFORM is recruiting for the position of System Developer. The main responsibility of the candidate will be to develop software for in-house as well as for USAID-supported projects in Pakistan under the direction and supervision of Systems Design Manager and the MIS/GIS Team Lead.
This is a full-time position based in Islamabad, Pakistan; with limited travel to field offices as needed. It is expected to begin immediately and continue through April 2020.
- Design and build applications for the iOS / Android platform using Native Libraries as well as RESTful Services to communicate external applications
- Cross-functional team collaboration to design, define and ship new features in existing or new Android based application
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications as well help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Continuously update / improve mobile, and web application to improve application performance, and enhance user experience.
- Create documentation of code and write Unit Tests for applications using any Test automations software and perform black box as well as white box testing and ensure high availability of the application
- Write documentation of the application being developed by the developer and / or other application developed in-house.
- Work closely with other team members and perform any other development tasks assigned by Team Lead or Systems Design Manager.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, or a related field (4-year program preferable).
- At least 3 years of experience as a developer.
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, etc.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Working Experience on Google Firebase Database, Firebase Authentication and other google cloud services
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standards
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as (TFS, GitHub)
- Have experience in Postman, Fiddler etc.
- Excellent working experience in Relational Database Management Systems (MS SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite) is mandatory
- Experience in Advance SQL Queries, Stored Procedures, Database functions, T-SQL) is required
- Working with NoSQL database i.e. MongoDB is an advantage.
- Working with React.JS, and Vue.JS is an advantage
- Strong communication and organization skills.
- Ability to produce high quality work under deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments.
*Position will be filled on a rolling basis*
Candidates that have a real or potential conflict of interest in this monitoring will not be considered. MSI will require a written statement to this effect before formal engagement on this assignment. Conflict of interest in this context includes, but is not limited to: close and/or family relations with the individuals that are related to the project, financial interest in the implementing organization(s) or grantees, current or previous experience with the project being monitored or the USAID requesting office, etc.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.