Senior Evaluation Advisor
Performance Management Support Contract (PERFORM), Pakistan
In May 2015, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded a five-year contract to MSI to provide performance management support to USAID-sponsored development programs throughout Pakistan. USAID’s program in Pakistan is one of the Agency’s largest, most diverse and most dynamic, playing a crucial, high-profile role in the US Government’s foreign policy in Pakistan. Consequently, MSI’s Performance Management Support Contract (PERFORM) activity is also USAID’s largest and most active MEL platform. PERFORM provides USAID with comprehensive monitoring, evaluation, assessment, and learning support. PERFORM provides high-quality, timely data and information to help USAID improve results for this complex, fast-paced program through better implementation, design, and learning.
The Senior Evaluation Advisor will manage all aspects of PERFORM’s evaluations and assessments, including the following:
- Manage a team of highly motivated technical experts, including- researcher/data analysts, statisticians/senior data analysts, M&E specialists, and Sr. M&E Specialists.
- Design and plan a variety of cutting-edge evaluations and assessments;
- Ensure each activity is of the highest quality and is delivered on time and on budget.;
- Determine appropriate staffing levels, recruiting qualified short-term consultants and specialists as needed;
- Supervise data collection methods and analysis;
- Ensure fieldwork and data analysis are conducted consistent with PERFORM standard operating procedures;
- Ensure all evaluation and assessment deliverables meet the highest quality standards;
- Collaborate closely with USAID/Pakistan staff, implementing partners and stakeholders to ensure evaluation utilization;
- Support PERFORM learning activities
- At least a master’s degree in research methods, social science, international development or a related field;
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in monitoring and evaluation of international development projects;
- Demonstrated experience in complex project management; research methods; and project design;
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills;
- Experience in conducting performance and impact evaluations, surveys, assessments, and data analysis;
- Strong management skills with at least five (7) years of supervisory experience
- Demonstrated collegial work style;
- Experience working in Pakistan or conflict-affected countries is desired;
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, presentation and client management skills;
- Capacity and skills to work effectively in an environment that encourages collaboration, learning, and adaptive management.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.