Junior-Level Digital and Content Specialist/Communications Associate
The Communications Associate will provide support to a dynamic communications team that manages numerous corporate and project-related communications’ activities and products. He/she will look at audience engagement and analytics to help create strategic content calendars that best represent MSI in the community. The Communications Associate will provide high quality storytelling, writing and marketing support to programmatic divisions and support units across the company, with a focus on global development. They will also help to produce brand-compliant, multi-media information products and visual assets that raise awareness and understanding.
**Please note: U.S. work authorization is required for this position.**
- Help to manage company’s presence on social media (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube profiles) and create content necessary to grow MSI’s engagement within the sector
- Develop unique social media posts, graphics, communications toolkits shareable products and content targeting multiple audiences.
- Schedule and maintain social media calendar and posts
- Provide analytics and identify trends through qualitative and quantitative findings on social media metrics
- Review and organize weekly press mentions and produce media monitoring reports.
- Contribute to writing content for various products including project profiles and one pagers, blogs, articles and stories.
- Help to organize and staff key MSI events and provide support for external events in terms of collateral materials, etc.
- Provide administrative support for communications initiatives and corporate objectives
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or a related field
- Two years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environments and build effective working relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills required.
- Ability to produce clear, compelling and public-ready written content
- Ability to effectively present ideas – both verbally and visually
- Creative problem-solving abilities
- Experience with web and social media analytics and measurement tools
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign is a big plus
- Website design skills and experience with content management systems (CMS) is highly desirable (Drupal, Wordpress, etc.)
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.