Monitoring Specialist, USAID Nepal Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Support Project, Kathmandu, Nepal
MSI is preparing to bid on the USAID/Nepal Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Support Project. This anticipated project is a follow-on to a current contract that supports the achievement of USAID/Nepal’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) and its development objectives; it assists the Mission in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating and learning from more rigorous monitoring and evaluation of development activities. MSI anticipates the follow-on to continue providing these services, resulting in strengthened monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) systems at USAID/Nepal and enhanced MEL capacity of local entities to improve accountability and increase the use of evidence for programming, learning and adapting. This will likely be a 5-year project scheduled to begin after April 2020.
MSI is seeking a Senior Monitoring Specialist with experience in international development projects. The ideal candidate will have at least 8 years of experience in performance monitoring, preferably with USAID projects. The position will require managing monitoring work across Nepal from an MSI office in Kathmandu.
**Only citizens of Nepal are eligible for this position**
- Work directly with USAID to review monitoring and evaluation plans of implementing partners and recommend methods to strengthen performance indicators and data collection approaches.
- Work directly with USAID to refine the Mission’s Performance Monitoring Plan.
- Work directly with USAID to manage and analyze performance data.
- Coordinate and supervise data quality assessments.
- Plan and implement dissemination efforts for sharing results and findings of monitoring activities under the portfolio.
- Ensure the quality, timeliness and technical sophistication of services related to improving the integrity and usefulness of USAID/Nepal’s monitoring and reporting systems.
- Master’s degree in a social science, development studies or related field preferred. Bachelor’s degree required.
- 8 years of direct experience developing and managing monitoring systems for international development organizations.
- Experience designing qualitative and quantitative data collection efforts, and analyzing and reporting data.
- Experience with USAID preferred.
- Fluency in English with excellent written and oral communications skills.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.