UNESP Assessment Researchers
Afghanistan Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity (AMELA)
The purpose of AMELA is to provide monitoring, evaluation, and learning support services/assistance to strengthen the implementation of USAID development programs in Afghanistan, and to build the technical M&E knowledge and skills of USAID/Afghanistan Mission staff and stakeholders. The services provided under AMELA will contribute to supporting USAID/Afghanistan as an effective development organization with strong learning and adaptive management processes.
USAID is a significant contributor in supporting UNDPs assistance to key electoral bodies in Afghanistan. Under a PIO USAID investment helps to fund operations of the UN electoral support program (UNESP) which primarily works with the Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) and Electoral Complants Commission (ECC) to strengthen their operations and capacity to protect the integrity of the electoral process in Afghanistan, and assist with upcoming elections scheduled for September 2019. USAID has commissioned AMELA to conduct an assessment of the UNESP program. The assessment will occur over late February to April 2020.
Under the direction of the Chief of Party, Permanent Evaluation Lead, and the Team Lead the researchers will play an important role in collecting data and assisting in analysis for the assessment report.
- Assist and advise the AMELA full time staff as needed during the coordination and engagement phase prior to data collection.
- Participate in training and testing in preparation for the data collection.
- Play a lead role in data collection, including conducting key informant interviews, and focus groups.
- Assist the team in analyzing collected data.
- Assist as requested in drafting the final report for the UNESP Assessment, including responding to USAID feedback.
- Exceptional written and oral English language skills required.
- Experience and expertise in various forms of evaluation and qualitative and quantitative research.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in elections or governance programming is required.
- Specific and extensive knowledge about the political and electoral context in Afghanistan is required.
Estimated Level of Effort: 30 days. This may be revised after the completion of an assessment plan.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.