Driver, Zambia Evidence for Health (E4H) Activity, Lusaka, Zambia
USAID/Zambia intends to 1) Strengthen the national Health Management Information System (HMIS) owned and managed by the Government of Zambia’s (GRZ) Ministry of Health (MOH), 2) Improve monitoring, evaluation, and research capacities within key government and non-governmental institutions, and 3) Expand the evidence base for existing approaches to health programming in malaria, nutrition, family planning, maternal and child health, and HIV. The activity will support strategic objectives of USAID, the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), and the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI).
**Please note: Only Zambian citizens are eligible for this position. Please share your salary expectations in your application for this position.**
The drivers will be responsible for providing effective transport to and from the project headquarters in Lusaka, as well as different work sites for E4H staff. The drivers will support project implementation through effective communication and demonstrate quality of commitment and integrity. Based in Lusaka, the drivers report to the administrative assistant.
- Facilitate staff transportation.
- Ensure cleanliness of vehicle and verify that the vehicle is in good condition before use.
- Carry out periodic checks on vehicle to determine maintenance needs and report accordingly and on time.
- Drive carefully and ensure safety of the passengers, other road users, and the assigned vehicle.
- Keep vehicle mileage log up to date, inform responsible staff of vehicle tags and insurance renewal.
- Record costs of vehicle fuel and services.
- Ensure all vehicle reports are done and are submitted on or before the scheduled date.
- Assist in other duties in the office as assigned by the immediate supervisor when not undertaking transport facilitation.
- Must have clean and valid driver’s license record.
- Minimum of two (2) years of driving experience in short and long-distance routes.
- Should be flexible and able to adapt to abrupt changes on short notice.
- Should be quick to understand, keen on taking instructions, and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Must be medically fit to operate a vehicle.
- Demonstrated interpersonal communications skills.
- Fluency in English required.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.