We are currently seeking an Equity Research Associate to join our Security, Storage & Networking team in Minneapolis.
· Work in partnership with the senior analyst to conduct extensive company and industry research.
· Create financial models and valuation analyses.
· Write company reports, industry reports and investment recommendations.
· Meet with company management teams and interview company customers, suppliers and competitors.
· Make company visits and attend trade shows and industry conferences.
· As associates develop industry expertise, they will have additional responsibility for marketing their team's research and investment recommendations to our sales force and to institutional investors, venture capitalists and private and public companies.
· The associate position is a demanding and fast-paced job that requires the ability to think quickly on one's feet and work independently.
· Strong candidates will have an intense interest in the stock market and a demonstrated record of professional, academic and personal achievement.
· Outstanding interpersonal and written communication skills.
· Outstanding quantitative and organizational skills.
· A strong competitive spirit balanced by a proven ability to work as part of a team.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required, MBA preferred.
· Series 7, 63, 86 and 87 preferred or willingness to obtain.
·Experience as a research associate covering security or storage, or work experience within the security or storage markets preferred.
·Must have sell-side or buy-side experience, covering the technology sector
·Prefer coverage in software infrastructure or security
·Prefer candidate is based in Minneapolis, but open to other office locations