Piper Jaffray is a leading middle market investment bank and asset management firm serving clients in the U.S. and internationally. Our proven advisory teams combine deep product and sector expertise with ready access to global capital. Founded in 1895, the firm is headquartered in Minneapolis, MN and has offices across the United States & London.
We are currently seeking an Equity Research Associate to join our Specialty Pharmaceuticals team in New York.
- Work in partnership with their senior analyst to conduct extensive company and industry research
- Create financial models and valuation analyses and write company reports, industry reports and investment recommendations
- The associate will also interact with company management teams and play a role in the research due diligence process, such as attending conferences and polling/speaking with physicians and other industry sources
- As associates develop industry expertise, they will have increasing interaction with our sales and institutional clients discussing research ideas and investment recommendations
- Strong work ethic, resourcefulness, and the ability to think critically and creatively
- Strong candidates will have an intense interest in the stock market and a demonstrated record of professional, academic and personal achievement
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Expert in financial modeling
- Strong competitive spirit balanced by a proven ability to work as part of a team
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-2 years of experience in equity research/banking/private equity is preferred
- Passion for life sciences
- Securities Industry Essentials, Series 7, 63, 86 & 87 preferred (or willingness to obtain)